Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: NYPD Gun Licensing Unit Corruption

Quote Originally Posted by 5pins View Post
    Mistake? All he did is piss off a bunch of NY libs that aren’t going to vote for him anyway.
    ALL HE DID? Don't ever get into politics!
    US Navy Veteran
    1961-1965

Brooklyn gun broker secretly recorded conversations with corrupt NYPD cops

In a letter filed in Manhattan Federal Court, prosecutors said Alex (Shaya) Lichtenstein secretly recorded some 70,000 conversations, including many with cops. In November, Lichtenstein pleaded guilty to bribing NYPD officers to obtain pistol licenses.
    http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/...icle-1.2956091

Retired NYPD cops, ex-prosecutor busted in corruption scandal

More than a year after news first broke of the NYPD corruption scandal, Acting US Attorney Joon Kim on Tuesday unveiled fresh criminal charges in the case — and the investigation’s not done yet.
    http://nypost.com/2017/04/25/more-ch...-not-over-yet/

Former police Lt. Paul Dean, 44, and ex-cop Robert Espinel, 47, were both charged with two counts of conspiracy to commit bribery and one count of extortion. NYPD detective-turned-gun store owner Gaetano “Guy” Valastro, 58, was charged with two counts of conspiracy to commit bribery and one count of making false statements. Dean, Espinel and Valastro were all released on bond after appearing in Manhattan federal court.
    http://nypost.com/2017/04/25/retired...ption-scandal/

Quote Originally Posted by JAD View Post
    Does. Not. Matter. Cruz and Ksomebody could drop in lock step, Melanoma could suddenly become an American, and Donald could cure hair cancer, and he still has no shot. He is loathed, and will mobilize a free shit army base that is otherwise not terribly interested in what HRC is selling. No shot.
    Remind me to always bet against you.
    Recovering Gun Store Commando. My Blog: The Clue Meter
    “It doesn’t matter what the problem is, the solution is always for us to give the government more money and power, while we eat less meat.”
    Glenn Reynolds

Quote Originally Posted by Drang View Post
    Remind me to always bet against you.
    i know, right? I ate crow elsewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by JAD View Post
    i know, right? I ate crow elsewhere.
    Hey, it's not so bad, I've developed a taste for it. Better to eat crow and man up than to hide in a corner and pretend. Good on you, JAD.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

NYPD Officers Traded Gun Licenses for $, Hookers, etc.

"The victor is not victorious if the vanquished does not consider himself so."
    ― Ennius

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    When I was a kid, it was common knowledge that getting a NYC carry permit was a matter of hiring a fixer.

Sent from my NSA-approved tracking device using Tapatalk
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

Yep. Growing up in the boroughs, a permit was like a unicorn. You heard of people getting them but it was hard to believe.

When I worked at Abercrombie & Fitch, one of the salesmen in my department had a permit and would deliver firearms to high rollers on the weekend. I used to look upon his ability to carry without being a cop with awe.

Even the NYPD cops I worked with in the 80's used to talk about how hard it was to get one.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Guerrero View Post
    Already a thread on this.

https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....age5&styleid=6

User Tag List