Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Inexpensive yet good slings

Inexpensive yet good slings

I'm looking for a simple, minimalistic, relatively inexpensive, quiet, yet good sling. So far, from what I've seen, this narrows me down to the Magpul MS1, BFG Vickers unpadded sling, and the WOTG Proctor sling. I think I'm kind of sold on the Proctor sling at this point, but figured I'd ping you guys to see if any of you have any experience with any of these or if there is something else out there that fits the bill better.

Fits the bill to do what with?

I have no experience with the Proctor sling but the BFG sling is really good. I don't know if the proctor has quick length adjustment but I find that feature extremely helpful. As in gotta have it.

If you're going to carry the rifle a lot the key is getting your attachment points set up so the rifle will carry flat against your body.
    Last edited by MGW; 04-18-2016 at 07:21 AM.
    “If you know the way broadly you will see it in everything." - Miyamoto Musashi

Honestly I'm just looking for a solid 2-point sling. The Proctor sling does have quick length adjustment. I'm still kind of a rifle n00bie, but I know from personal experience that a single point isn't really optimal for my uses. I'm just a civilian looking for a 2-point sling that'll let me do civilian carbine things without too much hassle and won't break the bank.

"Specialization is for insects." -Robert A. Heinlein

Quote Originally Posted by spinmove_ View Post
    Honestly I'm just looking for a solid 2-point sling. The Proctor sling does have quick length adjustment. I'm still kind of a rifle n00bie, but I know from personal experience that a single point isn't really optimal for my uses. I'm just a civilian looking for a 2-point sling that'll let me do civilian carbine things without too much hassle and won't break the bank.
    VCAS, VTAC, Proctor and SOB will all do what you want.

I find the Proctor is too skinny for me, but the others are fine. I generally like a slightly wider sling anyway.

SOB has the MASH clip version on a blowout sale right now, so if that attachment point will work for you, that may be a good way to go.

I have the VTAC padded sling on a few different rifles and have been very pleased with them.

Yesterday I walked about six miles or so of fence line on a buddies ranch with a VTAC equipped 16" carbine. It was comfortable, and not fatiguing. The adjustment tab is easy to reach and there is enough adjustment there to make it useful. The gun is easy to sling behind you or in front, and it is a moderately useful shooting aid (or so I feel it is. What do I know?).

Also, it comes in orange sometimes.

ETA: http://ads.midwayusa.com/product/456...-VTAC-_-456448
    Last edited by JDM; 04-18-2016 at 08:57 AM. Reason: Added link
    Nobody is impressed by what you can't do. -THJ

Viking tactical two point is good to go. Also the newer magpul sliding sling is good.
    VDMSR.com
    Chief Developer for V Development Group
    Everything I post I do so as a private individual who is not representing any company or organization.

"I'm just a civilian looking for a 2-point sling that'll let me do civilian carbine things" .....also describes me. I have a Quad sling from Savvy Sniper, it's a 1-2 point sling, really smooth quick adjust. Around 60 bucks if I remember, had it for a couple of years and really like it.

Quote Originally Posted by SLG View Post
    VCAS, VTAC, Proctor and SOB will all do what you want.

I find the Proctor is too skinny for me, but the others are fine. I generally like a slightly wider sling anyway.

SOB has the MASH clip version on a blowout sale right now, so if that attachment point will work for you, that may be a good way to go.
    Kyle Defoor used to like the SOB sling. Not sure if he still does but that's as good an endorsement as anything.
    “If you know the way broadly you will see it in everything." - Miyamoto Musashi

User Tag List