Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Ardent HK man reveals his Glockian slip...

Quote Originally Posted by BaiHu View Post
    Lmfao! Glad you chimed in. I find the VP9 to have a weak reset. Was it my experience of 1? Fill me in.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    I don't. It is not as short as a Glock, but it is super predictable for me. I honestly think folks put way to much emphasis on this. If it is a HUGE issue....Rick at Lazy Wolf can make it better. The VP9 I shoot the most is in the same configuration as Wayne's....we blacked out the rear sights with sharpies and seem to have no issues at all with the guns in dead stock condition.
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.
    "If I had a grandpa, he would look like Delbert Belton".

If I had hands that small every time I took a piss I'd be grinning ear to ear. Did I just say that out loud? You know that thing you have that makes you stop and say naaa I shouldn't say that? Ya... I don't have one of those

Quote Originally Posted by BaiHu View Post
    Thanks. It might be just that.

As far as the Gen 4, it's a tougher fit for me out of the box. The mag release and slide lock are shaped differently, so much so that the Gen 3 is easier even though there's no grip modification. I'll double check my range and see if the one they showed me has any straps on it.

Video is self explanatory.

https://vimeo.com/163189581

I'll wager you a PF dollar™ 😎
    The lunatics are running the asylum

I can't reach the mag release without shifting the gun on any handgun I've ever held.

As far as reset? Who cares? Slap the trigger from all the way out and you'll never feel it.

Any normal, duty type weapon from the major players can shoot very fast FAST times. It's not the gun. Nor is it whether you can reach the controls or not from a firing grip. You need some good coaching.

The P30 is a great gun, the gen 3 Glock is ok too. I think the P30 is safer and would be my small handed choice for sure.

The P30 is also better than the VP9, so don't go getting one of those instead. Instead, go get some good coaching.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by HopetonBrown View Post
    I drop the slide with the regular factory slide stop I have medium sized hands.
    Per the factory armorer class they designed and intend it only as a catch / stop with the intention you would be sling shotting the slide.

I drop the slide with the standard release too but Glock did not design it for that, it's just something us crazy Americans do.

Not trying to sound rude or dismissive, but why does that matter?

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    Per the factory armorer class they designed and intend it only as a catch / stop with the intention you would be sling shotting the slide.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by HopetonBrown View Post
    Not trying to sound rude or dismissive, but why does that matter?
    Because it could and would be designed better if it is your intention is to use it as a slide release - such as when the FBI said they wanted an a part designed to be used with the thumb as a slide release, and Glock supplied one.

It's also why Glock slide stops tend to wear prematurely when used as a release.

Quote Originally Posted by SLG View Post
    Any normal, duty type weapon from the major players can shoot very fast FAST times. It's not the gun. Nor is it whether you can reach the controls or not from a firing grip. You need some good coaching.

The P30 is a great gun, the gen 3 Glock is ok too. I think the P30 is safer and would be my small handed choice for sure.

The P30 is also better than the VP9, so don't go getting one of those instead. Instead, go get some good coaching.
    I respect your opinion and have not neglected coaching, rather I'm at a time in my life with some "hinks".

1. Just started a new business, so money and travel is on short supply.
    2. My father is fronting the ammo bill lately, as I have the pleasure of shooting with him weekly. ~150 rounds each outing.
    3. The training I received in the past: multiple NRA classes, other local classes, private lessons (NRA guy), Todd @ AFHF all happened when money and time were not a problem and I was not as "seasoned" a shooter.

Now that I at least have regular training time again, I don't have the money for lessons. I'm pretty decent self diagnosing, but no one is as good as a good teacher watching you.

That being said, if this arrow breaks this Indian out of his current plateau, then I'm all for it. If it leaves me as a Glock user, so be it. If it has me yelping back to the P30, then so be it.

I've ignored that G19 for over 3 years, it's not like I'm incapable of doing it again.

In the end, what has me changing is the grip angle, sights and trigger balance. Something I originally abhorred about the Glock. Curiosity has got this cat.

Thanks for the thoughts and advice. Please keep it coming.

Fairness leads to extinction much faster than harsh parameters.

Is there value to a Gen4 in swapping the mag catch to the strong side?

I only have Gen3s, but not little hands.
    I mainly shoot p2000 and p30 both in TLG LEM. My alternate, need something different to shoot, is usually a G19. I shoot a few things legit better with the G19, including where my limits start to fray past 25yds. FAST just a touch better w the Glock. Anything where identification or other thinking is needed in the drill, I'm not really any better w the Glock.

I am having trouble warming to the VP9, myself. For my last 4-5 sessions I've run the VP9 and the P2000. I consistently perform better w the P2000. And the VP just doesn't feel right on to me.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by OnionsAndDragons View Post
    Is there value to a Gen4 in swapping the mag catch to the strong side?

I only have Gen3s, but not little hands.
    I mainly shoot p2000 and p30 both in TLG LEM. My alternate, need something different to shoot, is usually a G19. I shoot a few things legit better with the G19, including where my limits start to fray past 25yds. FAST just a touch better w the Glock. Anything where identification or other thinking is needed in the drill, I'm not really any better w the Glock.

I am having trouble warming to the VP9, myself. For my last 4-5 sessions I've run the VP9 and the P2000. I consistently perform better w the P2000. And the VP just doesn't feel right on to me.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    I prefer the "FBI" style Gen 4 Mag release over the stock version. Got mine from midway USA for $4.

User Tag List