Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: PID ? Man who shot Md. firefighters released, no charges filed

News reports state that the reporting party was concerned because the shooter had been having blood sugar problems and had previously blacked out
    Blood sugar problems and the police response to the individual having them brought us (LEOs) Graham v. Connor.
    Formerly known as xpd54.
    The opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not reflect the opinions or policies of my employer.
    www.gunsnobbery.wordpress.com

Our firefighters call us on any forced entry even when it's the elderly person calling on the phone saying they need help. If they're breaking into the house we're there.
    Just a dog chauffeur that used to hold the dumb end of the leash.

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    I do believe shooting through the door without knowing who is on the other side is reckless and negligent.
    I would hope everyone agrees with that. I have no problem with a resident smoking someone who is breaking in, but I have a big problem with someone doing recon by fire through doors or windows. The list of people banging on my front door at odd times includes neighbors needing help, a deputy checking the area, and a high school kid having an asthma attack while jogging. It's certainly startling at midnight or 0430, but it's not a reason to blast through a door.
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Beware of my temper, and the dog that I've found...

Quote Originally Posted by mc1911 View Post

Where does the line get drawn at who can be shot through the front door without fear of legal problems? Seems like a slippery slope.
    There is no bright line test. See Zimmerman. Politics is always a possibility.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

There is a time and place for blind door shooting, but PID is still something that has to be done.

"Should have known" maybe a concept a DA or jury can easily develop.
    VDMSR.com
    Chief Developer for V Development Group
    Everything I post I do so as a private individual who is not representing any company or organization.

No charges filed yet, I wonder if the investigation is officially over?

I am REALLY surprised being in Maryland there were NO charges filed. They are so anti gun, I would have thought for sure they would jump ALL over this as ANOTHER reason people should not have guns, and this guy shouldn't.

Not to long ago in VA, a teenager was charged in the shooting of a man that was beating his mother. Not sure what ever happened with that one?

User Tag List