Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Colt Delta coming home

Quote Originally Posted by TCinVA View Post
    And I'm again reminded how much influence Miami Vice had on the choices I made in my young adulthood...

Now I know that that sequence is completely unrealistic, because Crockett had not only one but TWO magazines for his Bren Ten...

Is a reload with retention, while holding your extra mag in your mouth a "failure to do right?"

Murder Machine, Harmless Fuzzball TCinVA's Avatar
    His tactical failures are more than redeemed by saying some bad-ass shit right before shooting a skell in the face.
    Last edited by TCinVA; 04-19-2016 at 02:57 PM.
    3/15/2016

Truth.

Look at that vest. Sonny was IDPA before there was such a thing, how cutting edge.
    We may lose and we may win, but we will never be here again.......

Between my issues with P2000 sights and Sean's threads on 1911s I've been seriously thinking about carrying a 1911 again. Didn't help that I went out and shot way better and way faster on a dot torture with a 1911 I hadn't picked up in two years. As someone else said, I know it's a crutch but damn is it a good one, maybe even a wheelchair for my sorry ass. And yes, I know they aren't great carry guns and they're horrible mistresses, and 7-8 rounds, and manual of arms, and heavy, and a bad people-pointing trigger.... But damn, there are few things sweeter to a shooter than a fine 1911. And I even sold my really good ones!

As for Miami Vice, who else here wants to admit it affected their fashion choices of their misguided youth? No socks anyone?

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Notso View Post
    And yes, I know they aren't great carry guns...
    I'd say they aren't great carry guns for everyone... Some people carry them just because of what they've heard rather than because they have invested the time to really familiarize themselves with 1911 pistols.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Robinson View Post
    I'd say they aren't great carry guns for everyone... Some people carry them just because of what they've heard rather than because they have invested the time to really familiarize themselves with 1911 pistols.
    Agreed. I find 1911's actually carry and conceal rather well because they are flat.

Site Supporter
    Back in the day, my wife was under strict orders to VCR "Miami Vice" when I was in the field (and it seemed like I was always in the field back in the Miami Vice days!).

Quote Originally Posted by ranger View Post
    Back in the day, my wife was under strict orders to VCR "Miami Vice" when I was in the field (and it seemed like I was always in the field back in the Miami Vice days!).
    My wife sent me tapes while I was on deployment so I could keep current, on Miami Vice and Star Trek Next Gen. She also sent along copies of Playboy and Penthouse, the guys appreciated that.
    We may lose and we may win, but we will never be here again.......

Murder Machine, Harmless Fuzzball TCinVA's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    Agreed. I find 1911's actually carry and conceal rather well because they are flat.
    Same. People always react with incredulity when I say I comfortably AIWB carry a 5" steel 1911 every day, but I do it. The Keeper holster works splendidly for me to the point where I don't even feel that I'm wearing the gun a lot of the time.
    3/15/2016

User Tag List