Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: USPSA Carry Optics, red dot update

Quote Originally Posted by DocGKR View Post
    G19 is the way to go.

Is that a preference for the entire G19 package, or you also found some-dot specific benefits? GJM claims that he sees the dot better with 19 vs 17. I was thinking that his cabin gets depressurized regularly and insidiously and it was just a low oxygen talk, but after today's match he maybe top 5 in Carry Optics nationally. So I can't ignore what he says as much anymore.
    Last edited by YVK; 04-17-2016 at 11:29 PM.

Everyone I know who has spent a significant amount of time shooting Glocks with slide mounted RDS ends up preferring the G19 over any of the other options--this includes guys who traditionally carried G34/G35's. There is another thread here discussing why.
    Facts matter...Feelings Can Lie

G19 is the way to go.

The Unity ATOM mount is better than the MOS.

That is all...
    Gary, can you elaborate on your comment about the Atom vs MOS?

I inquired about an Atom on a Gen 3 slide, because my wife prefers Gen 3 to 4, but it seems like while L&M can do the Atom, the adapters are back ordered from Unity? While it is academic with Gen 3, as Glock doesn't offer MOS except on Gen 4, I worry about long term support from Unity, compared to a Glock OEM solution.

PS, YVK, don't you know it is bad juju to start forum discussing predictions, ahead of the actual USPSA classifier update, lest the gods intervene.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post

LSP, I would strongly consider a MOS 19, as I find it a better carry gun and better gaming gun than the 17.
    For me, the grip is the big problem. Even with the smaller grooves on a 4th gen 19, I still need to undercut and dremel on the bottom of the trigger guard to fit my XL hands. That worked fine for my carry gun, but (and I haven't read the rules lately) didn't think that would fly for C.O.

Great thread.
    Last edited by LSP552; 04-18-2016 at 07:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by LSP552 View Post
    For me, the grip is the big problem. Even with the smaller grooves on a 4th gen 19, I still need to undercut and dremel on the bottom of the trigger guard to fit my XL hands. That worked fine for my carry gun, but (and I haven't read the rules lately) didn't think that would fly for C.O.

Great thread.
    I think you are allowed to make those grip mods in CO, see below. I am using regular Glock 17 magazines, which effectively gives me a Glock 17 sized lower, with a G19 slide.

http://uspsa.org/document_library/20...D7_DNROI_2.pdf

Grip modifications such as, but not limited to, undercutting/smoothing the trigger guard, adding or removing finger grooves, or adding stippling, grip tape, or checkering are specifically allowed, without reference to Appendix
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

I think you are allowed to make those grip mods in CO, see below. I am using regular Glock 17 magazines, which effectively gives me a Glock 17 sized lower, with a G19 slide.

http://uspsa.org/document_library/20...D7_DNROI_2.pdf

Grip modifications such as, but not limited to, undercutting/smoothing the trigger guard, adding or removing finger grooves, or adding stippling, grip tape, or checkering are specifically allowed, without reference to Appendix
    Thanks, appreciate that.

PS, YVK, don't you know it is bad juju to start forum discussing predictions, ahead of the actual USPSA classifier update, lest the gods intervene.
    Come on, rules have changed. Have faith, you can't avoid the destiny. It's fine to talk about stuff. It is in fact advisable to start talking about making a GM soon when you're 5% over M.

Thanks for reciting rules, btw. I was looking over GB casually for a G19 lower to mate with my optic upper and now it seems like my Boresight lower is legit.

GJM--you mean like quicker optic changes, lower mounting solution, more holster options, etc...? Once you have a plate in hand, it should be easy to have a local machine shop fabricate additional ones should Unity support ever disappear...
    Facts matter...Feelings Can Lie

GJM--you mean like quicker optic changes, lower mounting solution, more holster options, etc...? Once you have a plate in hand, it should be easy to have a local machine shop fabricate additional ones should Unity support ever disappear...
    This was what I was thinking.

Even if Unity went belly up, new plates could be machined from the pattern of an existing unit.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I have shot three matches with CO, and I can confidently say that I shoot the 19 MOS/DP Pro better than I can shoot my CZ Shadow after a few years of shooting it.
    Holy shmoly!!!
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

User Tag List