Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Favorite burger joints

Burger with locally produced white cheddar, locally produced bacon, and spicy Jack Daniels/maple-infused ketchup on top. With fries.
    That sounds heavenly......
    Formerly known as xpd54.
    The opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not reflect the opinions or policies of my employer.
    www.gunsnobbery.wordpress.com

Quote Originally Posted by Lon View Post
    Around here my favorite joint that serves "conventional" burgers is Five Guys. Love the burgers and the fries. Never had a bad burger there. I get a bacon double with BBQ sauce as the only condiment. Mmmmmmmm. And fries, did I mention the fries? Damn good fries.
    At my previous job, I was about a mile from one of their original locations, and we used to go there for lunch there regularly. Good stuff. Their headquarters is about five miles from my house.

I like burgers and am quick to try something new. I do prefer local to chain wherever possible.

When traveling I vastly prefer in-n-out to whataburger. I eat 5 guys on the least coast. All this presumes I can't find something local.

Best burgers in KC are at Winstead's. If you haven't been make a trip.

Best in dfw so far is Branded in Midlothian. Their onion rings are worth the drive down.

What's shocking to me is the embarrassment of burger wealth that is Tulsa. Claude's is the best burger I've ever had, and Ron's, Weber's, and Brownie's are all fantastic.
    Ignore Alien Orders

In San Antonio, I'll go with Chester's.

In-N-Out: 3X3 animal style, add ketchup and mustard, animal style fries and their lemonade. There's one 2 minutes away and it is visited often.

Site Supporter
    Elevation Burger! The serve fresh hand formed grass-fed beef burgers. The toppings are always fresh and plentiful. The fact that they also offer veggiburger is overshadowed by the fact that they will, on the "Vertigo burger", stack 3-10 patties as you request.

http://elevationburger.com/our-menu/
    Last edited by Jason M; 04-16-2016 at 12:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by JTQ View Post
    I like the service at What-a-Burger. The burgers and fries are pretty good, but the folks working the local store are incredibly friendly and helpful. It seems like it got stuck in a time warp, and I walked into a fast food restaurant 40 years ago. They actually smile, show a sense of urgency getting your order, and seem concerned that you liked what you ordered.

I've always liked the Big Mac, but after several visits to McDonald's, standing in line, watching them serve four or five drive through orders before even taking my order, I usually avoid McDonald's unless it's the only thing convenient on a road trip.
    I find this VERY location dependent. I have been to good What A Burgers as you described. I have been to several that were dirty and the staff sucked. That is one of my favorite things about In N out....super consistent and stick to their standards. Also, the way the do handle screw ups. We had our order "stolen" by some teens. Staff was concerned why were were waiting so long. Manager was on it like stink. Comped our meal and gave us a coupon for another free meal.....and this was for something that they really didn't do wrong.
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.
    "If I had a grandpa, he would look like Delbert Belton".

Quote Originally Posted by Guinnessman View Post
    There are a couple of gourmet burger joints that have opened up as well: BRGR and Burgatory make a good burger.
    Milkshakes with liquor in them are cool too.
    Think for yourself. Question authority.

Quote Originally Posted by Lon View Post
    That sounds heavenly......
    Just got back from lunch - and it's better than it sounds.

Chain: Five guys.
    Non-chain: Brea's Best in Brea, CA.
    "Specialization is for insects." -Robert A. Heinlein

User Tag List