Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314

Thread: Favorite burger joints

Burnt Lemon Grill - Caldwell, Idaho

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    There’s a closed for the season message on the website, but it’s not clear if it’s for the listed locations or a place called “Lexie’s Landing.” Any idea? I’ll be back home in a few weeks.
    I was just there a week or two ago, Its called lexie's joint. Its only outside seating and take out at the moment but to my knowledge they are open. I dont think they close for the season unless they are just doing things different this year.
    Come, mother, come! For terror is thy name, death is in thy breath, and every shaking step destroys a world for e'er. Thou 'time', the all-destroyer! Come, O mother, come!

I prefer to find old greasy burger joints. This be one of the finest:

https://rbdrivein.com/about-us

Their pork tenderloins are out of this world, but my favorite is their SW bacon burger and their home cut fries. They open at 10:45 and close at 4:00 most days except Thursday, when they are open to 8:30 and Friday when they are open to 5:30.

I was pretty excited when a Five-Guys opened in Wichita, folks on LF had been talking them up for months. So I ran over there for my first and last visit. They blew. A year or so later someone opened on here, in Hutchinson. It lasted a year.

Almost as good as the R&B: http://kansastravel.org/wichita/bomberburger.htm

I was in there with a buddy once and the owner started ripping him a new one for using too much ketchup for his fries - 'you know I have to buy that g-d ketchup, I don't need you putting it all over your wrapper and throwing it away.' It was hilarious. My wife won't eat there.

It's interesting that there are so many 5 guys fans here. In a recent thread on a local gun forum I frequent, it's about 10 to 1 against them.

I've tried them once. I'm not a fan at all.

There’s not any chain burger joints around where I live worth eating at but we have a local place called Hamburger King that's been around for 93 years that is very good.

5 guys: fantastic fries. Burger non-descript
    In and out: immense disappointment. 1975 wants their burger king back
    Elevation Burger: Solid, artery-clogging goodness
    2 pounds of 80/20, 1/2 cups of werster, panco, Beef broth, Dukes, and two packets of lipton onion soup mix for the grease fire and win.

Student
    Quote Originally Posted by Coyotesfan97 View Post
    I might’ve already mentioned it but if you’re around the Tempe ASU campus The Chuckbox is the place to go. They cook over mesquite coals. Bring cash no cards are taken.
    Have they cleaned up the interior yet? I haven't been there in a few years.
    I remember there used to be a taco stand right next to it that had two-dollar longnecks of Dos Equis.

I've also heard others recommend Burger Rush which isn't much further, on Broadway across from the Motel 6. Not as good as The Chuckbox but it is local and has been around for a while.

National Chain: 5 guys. Simple and good

Local(ish): Miner’s in Yakima, Washington. You will never leave hungry. Ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Yung View Post
    Have they cleaned up the interior yet? I haven't been there in a few years.
    I remember there used to be a taco stand right next to it that had two-dollar longnecks of Dos Equis.

I've also heard others recommend Burger Rush which isn't much further, on Broadway across from the Motel 6. Not as good as The Chuckbox but it is local and has been around for a while.
    The interior looked like I remembered it. It’s a joint but everything looked clean. I’m pretty sure the taco stand is still there. I can’t verify the $2 Dos Equis.

I’ve never been to Burger Rush. Maybe a trip to Tempe is in the near future.
    Just a dog chauffeur that used to hold the dumb end of the leash.

Site Supporter
    I helped build the Chuckbox's wood sign about 50 years ago. Never had a burger there.

Best green chili burger in the area - Fate's. Good beer too.

Speaking of good beer, Tombstone Brewing just opened a place in Phoenix.
    It bought the old Helio Basin on the s/w corner of Thomas and 40th street.
    Some of the best beer around. Lots of barrel aged beers for those who like that sort of stuff.

No ownership interest in Tombstone.

User Tag List