Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Favorite burger joints

Favorite burger joints

The thread in the LE section was getting derailed into a burger joint thread so I figured I'd start a new one so we can argue our favorite burger joints. This is about what the I consider Fast food. Not a sit down restaurant kinda burger place.

Around here my favorite joint that serves "conventional" burgers is Five Guys. Love the burgers and the fries. Never had a bad burger there. I get a bacon double with BBQ sauce as the only condiment. Mmmmmmmm. And fries, did I mention the fries? Damn good fries.

White Castle sliders are in a league of there own. I prefer to get a variety of different sliders when I go. I usually get a couple doubles, a couple dbl bacon, a couple jalapeño and a couple of fish with some onion pedals. My colon is usually displeased with my choices, but it's worth it. Love me some sliders.

So what's your favorite burger chain and why?
    Last edited by Lon; 04-15-2016 at 10:23 PM.
    Formerly known as xpd54.
    The opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not reflect the opinions or policies of my employer.
    www.gunsnobbery.wordpress.com

Chain...? Honestly... Steak 'n' Shake. Cheap as shit and for whatever reason just gives me the warm and fuzzies. The garlic shooters, like 5 of them, or the garlic double steakburger are my favorites right now. I hate to even try and describe them with more than a few words but the thinner patties with the soft buns, garlic, and pad of butter are just amazing. Their tiny fries are killer too.

If pressed for a good burger, no chain, I'll try a steakhouse. More often than not I can get a solid burger made how I want and some lobster mac. Otherwise the new trendy burger and shake joints are usually decent too. We have two local chains competing and they do a great job.

Not a huge Five Guys fan, their burgers never wowed me and for some reason they almost always crush the bun.
    Think for yourself. Question authority.

I don't eat out often (especially fast food) but on a recent business trip I had a tasty burger at In-N-Out Burger.

Steak n Shake has a pretty good "breakfast" burger. The Royale, I think. A dbl w/ an egg and the usual burger stuff.

I hate SnS's fries. Those thin things just piss me off.
    Formerly known as xpd54.
    The opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not reflect the opinions or policies of my employer.
    www.gunsnobbery.wordpress.com

I'm a Five Guys man myself. In general I believe in supporting local businesses so, being a NoVA native, Five Guys generally gets my money when a burger fix is needed. Their burgers are excellent and their fries are divine.

Site Supporter
    Chain burgers don't excite me.

Ignore Alien Orders

Around these parts it's mostly Five Guys but we just got a Steak 'N Shake. When I visited DC last fall I ate at a Shake Shack and it was really good. There's a small chain in the Nashville area called Burger Up and I always make a visit when I'm in the area, it's probably my favorite burger place. If you're ever in the Metro-Nashville area I highly recommend looking them up.

I knew this thread would happen...

Five guys for quick and greasy.

Though we have some local spots that offer up some seriously delicious burgers.

One place does a half pound prime steam burger, topped with some sort of fine italian meat and provolone, plus some sort of sauce. It works greasy but tastes fantastic.
    VDMSR.com
    Chief Developer for V Development Group
    Everything I post I do so as a private individual who is not representing any company or organization.

For me it's no contest - What-a-Burger! Discovered it when I was stationed in Texas 15 years ago. They have a few in Florida though sadly the one in Tampa closed. I believe there are still some in the pan handle and I've stopped at one of the Jacksonville stores a few times.
    Last edited by El Cid; 04-16-2016 at 07:16 AM.

User Tag List