Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 311121314 LastLast

Thread: Favorite burger joints

I might’ve already mentioned it but if you’re around the Tempe ASU campus The Chuckbox is the place to go. They cook over mesquite coals. Bring cash no cards are taken.
    Just a dog chauffeur that used to hold the dumb end of the leash.

Site Supporter
    Any Mexican joint that also makes burgers. I've had one that was just ok, but never a bad one. Some of the best burgers I have ate are from those places.

Quote Originally Posted by trailrunner View Post
    At my previous job, I was about a mile from one of their original locations, and we used to go there for lunch there regularly. Good stuff. Their headquarters is about five miles from my house.
    I posted this way upthread about 5 Guys. Since then, I've grown a bit tired of them and now prefer Fuddruckers. There are two in my local area, but are getting hard to find. I was in NJ this time a year ago and stumbled across a Fuddruckers while driving to my hotel. I ate there both nights that I was there.

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn E. Meyer View Post
    My favorite chain is Culver's.
    I haven't had their burgers, yet, but I've had quite a few frozen custard concrete mixers and shakes, and they have been very good.

They opened a store in Foley, Alabama a couple of years ago, which was my first exposure to them, and then opened one in Pensacola about a year ago. I'm glad they're local because I like the frozen custard, but I'm also glad they aren't along my normal travel route, because I like the frozen custard.

Quote Originally Posted by trailrunner View Post
    I posted this way upthread about 5 Guys.
    I've only done 5 Guys a few times, and while the burgers were pretty good, each time I've wanted to go in the back and show them how to turn the temperature up on their french fry oil. I suppose some may like them, but I'm not a fan of soggy fries. They need to crank up the temp on the oil and get some crisp on those fries.

@ 5-GUYS skip the fries and enjoy the peanuts.
    Quote Originally Posted by JTQ View Post
    I've only done 5 Guys a few times, and while the burgers were pretty good, each time I've wanted to go in the back and show them how to turn the temperature up on their french fry oil. I suppose some may like them, but I'm not a fan of soggy fries. They need to crank up the temp on the oil and get some crisp on those fries.

Site Supporter
    I haven't had their burgers, yet, but I've had quite a few frozen custard concrete mixers and shakes, and they have been very good.

They opened a store in Foley, Alabama a couple of years ago, which was my first exposure to them, and then opened one in Pensacola about a year ago. I'm glad they're local because I like the frozen custard, but I'm also glad they aren't along my normal travel route, because I like the frozen custard.
    They have pretty good pork tenderloin sandwich, which isn't too common in most of the country.Their fish sandwich makes McD's look like the crap it is and they make a decent fish dinner. The custard - well, I'm too damn fat now, esp. with the Covid fatso syndrome.

Site Supporter
    Its because they cut them fresh instead of using frozen fries. I love em.

If you’re up to a drive southwest of Chicago, Bristol Tap has great no-frills burgers. A thick lump of good beef cooked slow on the flattop. Most of their daytime customers for years were from the Cat plant, no frou-frou burgers here.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Quote Originally Posted by snow white View Post
    Damn....next time you will have to treat yourself.
    There’s a closed for the season message on the website, but it’s not clear if it’s for the listed locations or a place called “Lexie’s Landing.” Any idea? I’ll be back home in a few weeks.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

User Tag List