Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Walther PPS M2 sights?

I am using the Dawson Charger set on mine and really like the sight picture. This photo is from face distance with arm fully extended and represents the real sight picture.

Name:  PPS M2 sight picture.jpg
Views: 3892
Size:  34.1 KB

The corners of the rear sight are nicely beveled and rounded. They don't dig into my ribs or cut my shirts like my Ameriglo Defoors on my Glock 19.

Name:  PPS M2 w Dawson Chargers.jpg
Views: 2116
Size:  35.4 KB

Here is a 10 shot, 25 yd. group off the bench with my handloads. The group is centered about four inches high at that distance. I need to adjust the windage.
    Another 5 shot, 25 yd. group (offhand) with Fed. 147 HST was also about four inches high.

Brent you are awesome, thanks!

I'll get a set on order, just need to decide on the black rear or the fiber rear. Yours is the .100 front and .125 rear notch?
    When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk. -Tuco
    Today is victory over yourself of yesterday... -Miyamoto Musashi

Yes. These: https://dawsonprecision.com/dawson-p...r-optic-front/

It looks like the black rear/ fiber optic front are $10 cheaper.

I went black rear. I just took some pics for you. They aren't professional shots but they turned out way better than I thought they would for being a camera phone. That said it's hard to hold the gun and phone steady but I think you'll get the idea.

Name:  IMG_20161204_230552.jpg
Views: 2584
Size:  21.6 KB

Name:  IMG_20161204_230624.jpg
Views: 2362
Size:  22.0 KB

My front sight is .195" Tall x .100" Wide Ramped Serrated SKU 019-166
    My rear is 210" Tall x .125" Notch Width Serrated SKU 018-459

As far as how good they do, this is free hand, standing, unsupported, factory Remington JHP at 7 yards.

Name:  IMG_20160703_123830.jpg
Views: 2065
Size:  28.8 KB
    Last edited by mrozowjj; 12-05-2016 at 02:17 AM.

We put Tridgicon HD's on the wife's PPS M2's and she loves them.. Im more fond of them than I thought I would be to.
    Founder Of Keepers Concealment and Lead trainer. Affiliate of CCW Safe, Use discount code ( KC10off )Sign up here https://ccwsafe.com/ref/B65241653

I just wanted to add that I installed the Dawson's myself. The nice thing about the Walther and Glock style sights is you just screw the front one on and the rear just hammers in. They give you a soft metal punch... I'd assume aluinium or stainless steel and you just pop them in. The first set of sights I did on my own and they were easy enough that when it comes time to get sights for any other gun I"m going Dawsons and just going to do it myself. Already put the same setup (fiber front and black rear) on a CZ SP01

My wife likes the XS F8 sights on her PPS M2.
    They're a little blocky to my eyes but she prefers them over the HD's because the rear sight doesn't have the sharp and pointy rear edges.
    "For a moment he felt good about this. A moment or two later he felt bad about feeling good about it. Then he felt good about feeling bad about feeling good about it and, satisfied, drove on into the night."
    -- Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy --

I will say this after looking at that video whatever you do DO NOT USE RED LOCTITE. That shit is going to weld the screw and rear sight on. You will need to apply heat to remove the screw and sight and good luck with that in the future if you change your mind.

Loctite works in an anaerobic environments so it actually becomes solid when there is no air so if you are very very lucky you might end up with the seal on the sight itself not being air tight and then it might not set up completely but still neve use red Loctite anywhere you wouldn't weld.
    Last edited by Tom_Jones; 06-09-2018 at 09:57 AM. Reason: quoted post from spammer removed.

User Tag List