Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Walther PPS M2 sights?

Walther PPS M2 sights?

I am a weak man with a fondness for German guns so shortly after fondling one of the new PPS M2s I had to buy it. I wanted a single stack to match my PPQs.

It's my understanding that the PPS M2 uses the same sights as the PPS M1 and PPX, and PPQ (Sort of? Maybe?) I was wondering what sights people are putting on their PPS. I know Trijicon makes HDs but I don't like the 3-dot or 2-dot setup, I prefer a black rear with a fiber optic front. I have Dawsons on my PPQ and I like those but I see 10-8 precision makes sights for the Walthers and I love the the 10-8 I have on my Glock but I'm wondering if there's anything similar.

On my PPS I run a 10-8 Tritium front with a blacked out factory rear sight and I've been happy with that pair.

Quote Originally Posted by t1tan View Post
    On my PPS I run a 10-8 Tritium front with a blacked out factory rear sight and I've been happy with that pair.
    Good to know. Did you have any trouble fitting them to the gun?

I like the factory sights, low profile, rounded edges, good sight picture. Black Sharpied the rear dots and sent the slide to ToolTech. They drilled the front sight and installed a tritium lamp with orange ring. The color of the ring is kind of washed out; not as bright as I would like, but it works.

Name:  pps - 1.jpg
Views: 3102
Size:  43.1 KB

I believe a member here had Dawson Precision make him a FO front sight, hopefully he will post details.

I just have the factory white dots with the rears blacked out on mine.
    Last edited by RJ; 04-16-2016 at 08:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by mrozowjj View Post
    Good to know. Did you have any trouble fitting them to the gun?
    Nope, dropped right in.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich_Jenkins View Post
    I believe a member here had Dawson Precision make him a FO front sight, hopefully he will post details.

I just have the factory white dots with the rears blacked out on mine.
    Not sure how long ago that was but Dawson has sights for the PPQ, PPX and PPS on their website now. The only options for the PPS are a black and fiber no tritium or anything which I'm ok with.

Nope, dropped right in.
    Good to know. You installed them yourself with a punch I'm assuming? Do you remember which size rear notch you got for it?

Quote Originally Posted by mrozowjj View Post
    Good to know. You installed them yourself with a punch I'm assuming? Do you remember which size rear notch you got for it?
    Only replaced the front, left the factory rear and filled the dots in with black paint pen.

Only replaced the front, left the factory rear and filled the dots in with black paint pen.
    Oh... well that's not quite the same thing then.

Thread resurrect:

Anyone have experience (and hopefully pictures) of the Dawson set on the PPS? I was hoping to get the taller fiber front and the black rear but I'm unsure on the comfort of the rear sight and the sight picture itself - narrow .125 notch and .100 front. Any response is appreciated!
    When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk. -Tuco
    Today is victory over yourself of yesterday... -Miyamoto Musashi

User Tag List