Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Tell me about Kahr CW9 Pistol

In free-range, non-GMO, organic, fair trade Broad Ripple, IN
    I will say that in my experience, over the years, Kahr's quality control seems to run hot & cold at both greater frequency and amplitude than, say, Glock or S&W or whoever. There was a stretch in the mid Aughties, for instance, where they had lots of barrels that would start peening up on the locking shoulder practically out of the box.

Still, a good, proven Kahr is a very solid pistol, and the CW series offers most all the benefits without the sting to the wallet.
    Books. Bikes. Boomsticks.

I can explain it to you. I can’t understand it for you.

I have a CW40, that I chopped to take the smaller mags. runs really well for the few hundred rounds I have through it. The only bullet it wouldn't feed is the "power ball " one with the elastomer(?) sphere in the HP bullet cavity.

Quote Originally Posted by Tamara View Post
    Also, the CW series guns have MIM takedown levers instead of machined ones, IIRC.
    Interestingly, your mention of this difference brought to mind the only case of slide stop failure that I'm personally aware of involved a K9 model pistol.

Most of the "Value" series guns that I'm personally familiar with (half a dozen pistols) seem to be just as reliable - if not more so - than the "Premium" models.
    The path of least resistance will seldom get you where you need to be.

The value proposition of the CW9 is/was the cost vs the market. I've owned one, it was just ok. Shot fine, trigger was smooth, rest of the gun was rough. Mags, as stated liked to eject the top round when you least expect it. All that said, in a world where you can buy a PPS for $350 buying a CW9 is just silly.

Quote Originally Posted by OhioFinance View Post
    The value proposition of the CW9 is/was the cost vs the market. I've owned one, it was just ok. Shot fine, trigger was smooth, rest of the gun was rough. Mags, as stated liked to eject the top round when you least expect it. All that said, in a world where you can buy a PPS for $350 buying a CW9 is just silly.
    It doesn't always come down to cost. I really like the DA style trigger on my Kahr, especially for appendix carry.
    -Seconds Count. Misses Don't-

Site Supporter
    A friend has one and it runs for him but he doesn't shoot it a great deal. He likes the trigger. As far as Kahrs - I had a PM9 that never ran and it became a Glock 26.

Quote Originally Posted by 41magfan View Post
    Interestingly, your mention of this difference brought to mind the only case of slide stop failure that I'm personally aware of involved a K9 model pistol.
    My K9 slide stop broke in two pieces. CS was quick to send me a new one.
    Formerly known as xpd54.
    The opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not reflect the opinions or policies of my employer.
    www.gunsnobbery.wordpress.com

Quote Originally Posted by OhioFinance View Post
    All that said, in a world where you can buy a PPS for $350 buying a CW9 is just silly.
    What? Maybe for you. For those of us who are monumentally not impressed with anything recently from Walther (as in, the past 10 years), well…

Quote Originally Posted by SecondsCount View Post
    It doesn't always come down to cost.
    It does for some folks. Doesn't matter if its a toy or a life-saving piece of gear… gotta have "the best price". Which, of course, is why we find ourselves stuck with cheap-jack everyday stuff, home appliances designed to puke after a little over a year, and certain execrable abortions disguised as firearms.

Quote Originally Posted by LSP972 View Post
    It does for some folks. Doesn't matter if its a toy or a life-saving piece of gear… gotta have "the best price". Which, of course, is why we find ourselves stuck with cheap-jack everyday stuff, home appliances designed to puke after a little over a year, and certain execrable abortions disguised as firearms.

Not to pick on OhioFinance but I guess if that is your username, then money is probably an issue
    -Seconds Count. Misses Don't-

User Tag List