View Poll Results: How much do you pay yearly for range fees?

Voters
51. You may not vote on this poll
  • I pay a daily fee

6 11.76%
  • Nothing - I own, work at, or use free public ranges

3 5.88%
  • $1-100

13 25.49%
  • $101-200

15 29.41%
  • $201-300

6 11.76%
  • $301-400

5 9.80%
  • $401-500

2 3.92%
  • $501-1,000

3 5.88%
  • More than $1,000 a year

0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Range fees - How much do you pay?

I pay $285 a year for a 20 yard indoor range that does not have heat or air conditioning. The range is OK, and is often crowded. However, it is less than four miles from my house and very convenient, so I keep going there.

I'm a Platinum member at the NRA Headquarters Range, which runs $500/yr. It's a typical 50-yard indoor range, but I can draw from the holster, shoot as fast as I like, shoot rifles, etc. Really, not a bad deal at all. I'm usually there twice a week.

I also have a membership at Peacemaker National Training Center as part of my sponsorship deal with them. Pretty much anything is available up there.

I'd pay $1000/yr. for a range membership, but for that kind of money I'd expect outstanding facilities (1000+ yard rifle range, multiple practical bays), no limits on type of shooting, and access to the props storage.
    -C

My blog: The Way of the Multigun

$35 the first year $25 a year after that. They provide a berm(5 pistol bays and 1 100 yard rifle range) and a few benches. I provide my own targets, steel, stands and everything else i may need. No ro. A few simple rules like don't shoot glass and keep the range clean etc...nice setup.

Site Supporter
    I pay $240 a year for the main outdoor range I use. It features nine public bays ranging from 25 to 100 yards. Basic membership for the public bays is $140. You can use anything on their target stands except shotguns and full auto. Basic members are eligible for premium membership after 1 year. As a premium member, I can also access a steel bay (pistol and shotgun/ bird shot only) and three additional training bays where I can bring my own steel or target stands. These bays are 55, 65 and 70 yards. Downside is mud and associated range closures in heavy rain.

I'm also a member at an indoor range which is $27 per month. It is heated & cooled, with program-able target carriers going out to 25 yards. You can shoot rifle, pistol or shotgun. restrictions - Brass cased ammo only / no bird shot in shotguns. Down side you cant control the lighting at your firing point.
    Last edited by HCM; 04-14-2016 at 10:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by trailrunner View Post
    I pay $285 a year for a 20 yard indoor range that does not have heat or air conditioning. The range is OK, and is often crowded. However, it is less than four miles from my house and very convenient, so I keep going there.
    Sounds like Sharpshooters in Lorton.....

I used to go there about 2 yrs ago. Gunshop has a good selection, the Range Officers are pretty solid. But yeah, the conditions on the range are a bit...outdated. Especially for the money they pull in.
    "I'm a tactical operator and Instructor and also retired military."

-read on another forum

In free-range, non-GMO, organic, fair trade Broad Ripple, IN
    Two ranges.

One indoor range, less than two miles from my front door. New, clean, well-lit, well-ventilated Uses LED lighting on the range, which means chrono work would be possible in a pinch. Lowest common denominator range rules are in effect: No working from the holster and a 1rd/sec speed limit. There are two bays: a 6-lane 50ft pistol bay and a 6-lane 25yd rifle/pistol bay. Rifle bay limited to 7.62x39/.300BLK/5.56/6.8 and below. Annual membership (pistol bay only) is $400. Pistol & Rifle is $540.

One outdoor range, in town but a 30-min drive. Main line has berms at 10, 25, 50, and 100 yards. Two 25yd pistol bays with permanent steel. Pistol & shotgun only. Working from the holster is allowed, but shooting on the move is not. ~$100/yr dues.

(Disclaimer: I am a former employee of the indoor range and am on the board of directors of the outdoor range.)
    Books. Bikes. Boomsticks.

I can explain it to you. I can’t understand it for you.

$150+tax/year if I do a work day at the club (which I usually do. Oct/Nov time frame, bring the chainsaw and the axe. Guaranteed NOT to have to clean the bathrooms then! ) or $200+tax/year if I don't. We're members only and we have no "staff". Indoor 25yd pistol and Indoor 100yd rifle. It's not the fanciest or the most modern, but when I go (usually during a week day) I'm frequently the only one there for hours, and i've been known to take my lunch and spend the whole day. For the money it can't be beat.
    Last edited by hufnagel; 04-15-2016 at 05:21 AM.
    Rules to live by: 1. Eat meat, 2. Shoot guns, 3. Fire, 4. Gasoline, 5. Make juniors
    TDA: Learn it. Live it. Love it.... Read these: People Management Triggers 1, 2, 3
    If anyone sees a broken image of mine, please PM me.

Membership at my club is $160 a year for a regular and $185 for a family. First year has an initiation fee of $25 and if you don't attend one workbee there is a $35 fee added onto your next year's fee. Outdoor ranges only all certified to 50 BMG except the 20m pistol. 100m, 60m, 20m and an action bay for matches. There is an indoor but it is only for organized events currently. We have a cap of 2000 members for this year and will likely hit that by June. We have a few big plans in the works including a 3.5 million dollar indoor, but we are waiting for the dollar to improve before we go ahead with it.
    ...and to think today you just have fangs

Rob Engh
    BC, Canada

So here goes the advantages of living in the third world

My club is about $130 annually if I include the required provincial and national IPSC affiliation. That gives me free use of the range year round except for the week before we host a level 3 match.

Club shoots are just under $3
    Leagues are $10

We have staff to build and break down ranges

They will even help you by bringing you target stands when you come practice.

ETA range is members only so no need to deal with mouthbreathers and their spawn
    Last edited by BigT; 04-15-2016 at 05:46 AM.
    Welcome to Africa, bring a hardhat.

Site Supporter
    $50/yr. Hobbs gun club. Super cheap but occasionally the derp comes out in droves. In bad weather months, the range is empty.

User Tag List