Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

Thread: 10 round limit; 9, 40, or .45?

Quote Originally Posted by Kimura View Post
    What are you shooting now?
    Sig P320 and CZ PCR (which just got rid of today to fund whatever route I decide to go). The Sig P320 will be next once I decide between my final choice.
    Last edited by Matthew; 04-30-2016 at 05:59 PM.

In 9mm I'd probably stay with my HK P2000s and just use 10 round mags as the 10 rounders I have are reliable . I very much would want to stay in a mid-sized gun. If I needed to scale down in size the P2000sk would be my choice.
    For 45acp my solution was the HK45C as it's very similar in size to the P2000.
    If I was legally limited to only 10 round mags, I'd carry two spare mags instead of one and carry on.

Quote Originally Posted by Matthew View Post
    I'm in a 10-round restricted state as well, so I'm looking for magazine reliability as well. I'm looking to consolidate to one platform as well to focus on for the next three years or so while I'm in this state. I'm going to stick to 9mm, and pick up multiples of the same gun in hopes of staying focused on training/performance instead of jumping back and forth.

I'm down between the M&P9c and G26. It would serve as daily carry and home defense. I'd carry it AIWB as well, so I'd get the ambi-safety version of the M&P9c. I'm just wondering if I'll kick myself for going down the route of M&P and a safety versus Glock and a Gadget.

Doc has me considering the M&P9c like post #268 here: https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....ensator/page27 or this one from Doug at ATEi http://ateiguns.com/gallery/mp/#gallery/1139/39
    I have an opportunity to pick up a lightly used P30 v1 for $700.

I was set on picking up a couple G26s and solely focusing on those two. But, I'm having a hard time passing it up.

The P30 would give me the trigger I'm looking for, hammer for AIWB, and reliable 10 rounds mags. I'm just wary about detail strips. I like that I can do it with Glocks no problem. I don't want to anticipate doing it oftern, but is it doable without an armorer's course?
    Last edited by Matthew; 05-04-2016 at 07:44 PM.

P2000 vs P30 vs HK45c is a tough as hell choice.

What is the viability of a Glock 19 cut to 26 height?

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    With a 10rd mag limit I'd go to a SIG P239/P225 and never look back.

Quote Originally Posted by Matthew View Post

The P30 would give me the trigger I'm looking for, hammer for AIWB, and reliable 10 rounds mags. I'm just wary about detail strips. I like that I can do it with Glocks no problem. I don't want to anticipate doing it oftern, but is it doable without an armorer's course?
    The LEM trigger will make it more difficult, but still doable. The Pro site's reference section has guides on how to do it.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by David S. View Post
    What is the viability of a Glock 19 cut to 26 height?
    I currently don't have a G19 on hand, so I don't think I want to go that route, unless I found a really cheap used G19.

Quote Originally Posted by Nephrology View Post
    With a 10rd mag limit I'd go to a SIG P239/P225 and never look back.
    I have considered it, but I should be moving out of the state in about 3 years. So, I'm leaning to the P30 now (if I jump on that deal) since I'll be able to use full capacity mags after I leave.

I really think I should just buy that P30, and train. I really like the idea of the LEM trigger, it has reliable 10 rounders, hammer for AIWB, and I'll be able to switch back to full capacity mags when I leave.

I think I'm going to do it, so I can stop worrying about equipment and just train. Now need to find a AIWB holster and extra mags.

Quote Originally Posted by jst0915 View Post
    The LEM trigger will make it more difficult, but still doable. The Pro site's reference section has guides on how to do it.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
    Good deal, I'll check it out. Thanks.

10x10 ~ Where less is more

Where I live we don't have such arbitrary restrictions and I'm glad of that but if it did become Law I'd just start open carry of my favorite 10mm S&W 3rd gen 1006 or try hiding my just aquired 1026 large frame .

Digiroc

I feel that it is very possible that the USA will be facing another federal Hi-cap magazines ban in not so distant future... Maybe I am wrong but we might be facing it just after the coming elections. Do you believe it that happens that the 1911 will become even more popular and used as a CCW even more than it is today? In such event would you rather carry a 10 round 92FS, P226 or CZ75 or even a G17/19 (I hope Glock will design a reliable 10 round magazine) over a 1911 in 9mm or .45?
    GLOCK 17 - My choice for defensive handgun

User Tag List