Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Nextbelt?

Quote Originally Posted by Les Pepperoni View Post
    Will definitely review the the buckle thickness, maybe do a cursory test on strength, etc...
    If I could get this belt with this buckle, I might actually forgive the size of the buckle...

Delta Busta Kappa fratboy Hot Sauce's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Irelander View Post
    I do not have experience with the First Spear or Wilderness but from what I have heard the standard ATLAS belt is more on par with those regarding stiffness. The ATLAS slim is quite flexible which does NOT work well for me with 3-4:00 IWB carry but the increased flex translated to increased comfort and concealment for me with AIWB carry. I use the slim belt daily for carrying a PPS in a Dark Star clip on AIWB holster and occasionally carrying my G19 in a modified KSG Minuteman holster. Much improved comfort over the standard ATLAS.
    Quote Originally Posted by DiscipulusArmorum View Post
    Chiming in as someone who went from double-layer leather gunbelts to Volund G-hook belts for most of my carry needs, you might be happier with the standard Atlas G-hook belt instead of the "slim". I say that because it sounds like you're happy with the stiffness of the leather belt but just want something that's lower profile. Both use the same buckle, but the Atlas slim does not have the inner layer of scuba webbing reinforcement that the standard version does. As you can see from the picture on the slim product page, it's rather flexible. Lots of folks find the slim offers enough stiffness for their needs, but for me it flexed too much when carrying a G19. YMMV.
    Thanks fellas! It sounds like the standard Atlas would be worth my while to look into.
    Gaming will get you killed in the streets. Dueling will get you killed in the fields.
    -Alexander Hamilton

I received my belt from Mission Belt (same exact buckle design and concept) and I absolutely love it. I don't believe you can go wrong with either belt! Fully supports and helps hide my g19 in a BlackDog Concealment Alpha holster very well.

Alright... Got the belts from next belt pretty quick in the mail - I ordered Tuesday/Wednesday and they were here Friday night (busy day yesterday, so I couldn't dick around until later)

Initial Thoughts - Pros/Cons

Pros:
    • The belts look good - material is good, easily flexible the way a belt should be, but non-collapsing the way a gun belt should be.
    • Super easy to take on and off. The buckle is easy to work. No need to disassemble your cobra buckle, then blah blah blah
    • Super easy to get a good "fit". The ratchet system is very well thought out.
    • Doesn't scream "GUNBELT!"
    • Lightweight.

Cons:
    • The belt is not as sturdy as a Ares, wilderness, etc... If you're looking for a serious, heavy duty gun belt, I'd skip.

More Detailed Thoughts

I have to say I'm impressed. The belts look good, and will fit the need I have for it: be able to carry concealed without looking like a tier 1 operator operating.
    Area belt, wilderness belts, inner belts from race holsters; yeah, all of those just don't work in an office setting. My Galco works well and looks good, but, after losing some weight, I need to make another hole in the belt because it isn't retaining my pants, even with a Beretta in an AIWB... If you're a working professional that wants to discreetly carry, this belt seems like a good match.

There are two concerns, long term:
    1.) The attachment of the buckle to the belt: It is a self-tightening "jaw" with some serious spikes: I could see the belt material giving way before the buckle, but it'd have to be under a serious amount of tension. I pulled on this pretty hard from my pull up bar (didn't hang off it, but just use my arms) and it seemed ok enough to ensure that my gun will stay attached to me in a scuffle.

2.) The ratchet/buckle attachment: The strip sewn into the belt is plastic. I can see the "teeth" giving way before the buckle fails, but again, I think that'd have to have some significant force/strain. Someone grabbing your belt and pulling you around, unless they're the Hulk, probably won't do anything much.

Pictures

Packaging is nice...

Brown belt has a matte buckle. Black belt had a shiny buckle...

Thickness is the same as my Galco - just right for a "dress belt". Belt is sturdy from top-to-bottom, won't roll/collapse when a holster is attached. Edges are finished with some synthetic compound.

You can see the rachet strip in the first portion of the belt. While wearing it, it really isn't visible (I had to get the light "just so"... Hurr)

Thank you for the review. I would love an infinintaly adjustable gun belt that doesn't look like a gun belt. I use a Wilderness tactial belt with the plastic buckle loops but it's a pain to use sometimes so this looks very appealing.

Quote Originally Posted by mrozowjj View Post
    Thank you for the review. I would love an infinintaly adjustable gun belt that doesn't look like a gun belt. I use a Wilderness tactial belt with the plastic buckle loops but it's a pain to use sometimes so this looks very appealing.
    That was my reason for going back to my old leather Galco. The next belt has been working way better.

Well damn.... looks like I found a replacement for my beautifully worn out 5.11 belt that screams LOOK AT ME TIER 1
    Semper Gumby, Always Flexible

Site Supporter
    Damn! I just bought a belt but now I want this one! Nice review

Thanks for the review and info. I need a dress gun belt but I always seem to need more adjustment. This looks like just the ticket.
    Jesus paid a debt he did not owe,
    Because I owed a debt I could not pay.

Quote Originally Posted by Irelander View Post
    I'm using a Volund Atlas SLIM G-hook belt and it is great for me for carrying a G19 AIWB. I can't use the stiffer belts, they are too much like a hula hoop...for me.
    Sorry for the semi-necro bump here but any suggestions Irelander on how to score a Volund Atlas Slim G-hook? Asking as I also carry AIWB & need something non "hula hoopish" & with a smaller profile buckle.

Understand they just got their shop moved, asked the same question on their FB page Friday, they replied today *slims* in black are in stock but not as of 1700 today, so .......
    Last edited by OldRunner/CSAT Neighbor; 07-18-2016 at 06:39 PM.

User Tag List