Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Nextbelt?

Quote Originally Posted by SLG View Post
    After much back and forth with non native speakers (English and guns), I cancelled my order. I don't know how many times I had to say brown leather, but they seem to think that. Means tan nylon.
    I would've cancelled mine too had I known this was "leather."
    Bob Loblaw lobs law bombs

Quote Originally Posted by BobLoblaw View Post
    I would've cancelled mine too had I known this was "leather."
    Oh, is it no good? I haven't handled one yet.

Quote Originally Posted by SLG View Post
    Oh, is it no good? I haven't handled one yet.
    About what you'd expect from an off-brand reversible dress belt at Kohl's except it's backed with webbing. Works fine but looks and feels cheap. I'd probably go for the all nylon if I had a do-over.
    Bob Loblaw lobs law bombs

Quote Originally Posted by BobLoblaw View Post
    About what you'd expect from an off-brand reversible dress belt at Kohl's except it's backed with webbing. Works fine but looks and feels cheap. I'd probably go for the all nylon if I had a do-over.
    I kinda feared that, given that you get what you pay for. Talking to the people there didn't make me feel like they were too concerned about the CCW market.

I really like mine. It is the same thickness as galco sb3 and same stiffness. I really like the buckle system and I think it is lower profile. If you need more than a Galco sb3 than this is not your belt. I hate overly stiff belts and don't believe all of the belt nonsense and that you need ridiculously thick belts in order to carry a gun properly. I have a volund and it doesn't move or give a millimeter and digs into me. Awful. I am not saying go to Saks and a Gucci belt will work... But these are plenty stiff enough.

To clarify what I mean by lower profile...I am talking about the whole package buckled up and not just the buckle. Because the nexbelt doesn't have to bend up and around the entire thing is much more lower profile to me.

For non gun belt looking gun belts the Nexbelt or the galco work for me for both aiwb and strong side

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Cool Breeze; 10-26-2016 at 10:31 PM.

I've got one as well. I find it works OK for IWB (don't AIWB) with lighter guns. I find the leather to be somewhat flimsy, and, after a couple weeks of use, it shows a lot of fraying and wear, especially where it interfaces with kydex holsters.

For OWB use (my primary carry mode) I find it not useless, but not far from that. Too soft for me, in order for it to support my loaded VP9, I have to crank it ridiculously tight.

Again, for a "casual" belt with casual or suit wear, using an IWB/AIWB holster and a moderate weight pistol, it would be OK. But, frankly, that's just too "niche" for me.

YMM, and obviously for some savvy folks does, V.

Regards,

Kevin

Nextbelt?

Quote Originally Posted by psalms144.1 View Post
    I've got one as well. I find it works OK for IWB (don't AIWB) with lighter guns. I find the leather to be somewhat flimsy, and, after a couple weeks of use, it shows a lot of fraying and wear, especially where it interfaces with kydex holsters.

For OWB use (my primary carry mode) I find it not useless, but not far from that. Too soft for me, in order for it to support my loaded VP9, I have to crank it ridiculously tight.

Again, for a "casual" belt with casual or suit wear, using an IWB/AIWB holster and a moderate weight pistol, it would be OK. But, frankly, that's just too "niche" for me.

YMM, and obviously for some savvy folks does, V.

Regards,

Kevin
    I found the same thing. It was too flimsy for OWB in a suit (I'm currently in a shirt and tie position).

I'm also a tall, very thin guy. While the buckle was definitely thinner than a real gun belt that has to fold over itself, it was still thick enough that I couldn't wear it at 12 o'clock without printing for off duty AIWB. I had to offset it like I do with my wilderness belt. Basically, the Nextbelt did not do anything new for me. I returned it through Amazon. When it arrives next week, I'll find out if they'll actually refund my money since I had to cut it down to 32" from its original 50". I said I was thin, didn't I? :P

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by WobblyPossum; 10-28-2016 at 05:48 PM. Reason: Clarification
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

Anyone with year+ Nexbelt commentary?

I have 11 months using it everyday and I still love the belt. The only time I don't use it is for suit carry and I think my galco sb3 looks better/more professional.

Two things of note are that the nylon webbing on the back frays a little and I use a lighter to get rid of them. Also, it's not exactly 1.5 inches wide; its slightly smaller.

If those 2 things matter to you, the Kore belt has a leather back and is 1.5 inches. I think the buckles are not as attractive so I went with the nexbelt.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

User Tag List