Thread: HK P30 Manufacturing/Design Changes

HK P30 Manufacturing/Design Changes

Have there been any manufacturing/design changes to the P30? For example, will a 6 year old gun be the same as one made this year?

Not sure of frame code date, but there is at least one change that occurred. From 2011:

https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....93-Updated-P30

I see the pic links are broken.
    Taking a break from social media.

Okay, I see what you're talking about. The current stock images on the HK USA show the older version where the ejection port is cut on a straight line whereas the stock images of the P30SK show an ejection port cut on a curve. What's the purpose of the new cut?

I have an early P30s (date code AK) and a late model P30 (date code BF) and there are differences with the serial number on the slide; my early P30s does not have a serial number on the right side slide while my late model P30 does. The serial number plate on the underside of the frame are also made of different material. There are other obvious differences between the S model's frame as well (frame markings, slide stop and slide stop relief, and safety lever)

Last edited by RMF; 04-13-2016 at 05:44 PM.

I have a P30 with Rick Holm and he said there isn't a functional difference with the rounded cut being a carry over from the 40 caliber versions.

Quote Originally Posted by RMF View Post
    I have an early P30s (date code AK) and a late model P30 (date code BF) and there are differences with the serial number on the slide; my early P30s does not have a serial number on the right side slide while my late model P30 does. The serial number plate on the underside of the frame are also made of different material. There are other obvious differences between the S model's frame as well (frame markings, slide stop and slide stop relief, and safety lever)

Nevermind my mention of the missing serial number on the P30s. I've owned this P30s for 4+ years but just found out that it was a factory replaced slide (from its original owner) and thus the reason why its lacking the serial number on the right side slide. The threaded bbl is a Tornado Tech extension on the original barrel as this one was put together before HK offered threaded bbls for the P30 and it was the only way to use my can on it.
    Last edited by RMF; 04-15-2016 at 11:23 AM.

User Tag List