Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hairline cracks in mag bodies?

Site Supporter
    I've seen quite a few .GOV HK USPC / P2000 mags used and abused over the years. I've seen a few split at the welds on the back but I've never seen cracks where the OP is describing.

Quote Originally Posted by Sean M View Post
    I can tell you what HK will say: "Too bad, buy more". In case no one has told you yet, you suck & HK hates you.
    Just like they fixed that trigger bar right away with no questions asked or charges to my card

As far as I can tell they're legit HK magazines (two of them were ones that came packed with the gun). In their shoes I'd say too bad but I'll see what they say when I can spare to potentially ship them back if I luck out. Les may be on to something, maybe I just abused these a lot more than I thought. Only ~10K rounds through the gun but the mags have also been used for dry fire because I'm a poor cheap bastard.

Just chrono'd my ammo today for giggles. ~180 and lower power factor.

Interesting photos of the weld cracks, by the way.
    Semper Gumby, Always Flexible

Definitely let us know what they say about the mags.

I have a box of mags like this, some of them I've welded up and used for practice. The new CZ mags that MecGar is producing have moved away from the right angles at the back of the feed lips instead now it's a nice half circle with no sharp angles or cuts. The mags last much much longer
    ...and to think today you just have fangs

Rob Engh
    BC, Canada

User Tag List