Thread: Glock 19 Gen 3/4 Parts Compatability

Glock 19 Gen 3/4 Parts Compatability

I have a G19 Gen 4, and the trigger is not as nice as my G19 Gen 3. I have taken it apart cleaned, lubed and polished the trigger bar/connector. It is better now, but NOT as smooth or light as the Gen 3. I even tried a Ghost 4 lb connector/spring kit, and it may have been worse than the stock..... WTF.

With that said, it is my understanding that the connector angle and possibly trigger bar are contributing to this. I know there has been almost as much discussion on this as the reliability fixes. The Gen 4 connector definitely has a different angle, and the trigger bar has the bump. Not to be a dick, but I really don't Give a shit why Glock did what they did. The trigger on mine at least is just not as good, in addition the Gen 4 is just not as smooth and does not seem to be fitted as well as the Gen 3

So does anyone have any info, preferably from Glock or a Glock armorer with a definitive part compatibility list? Specifically can the trigger bar and connector from a Gen 3 be used in a Gen 4?

I have sent my questions to Glock ,but when I receive the message, before I submit the form that they are extremely busy and will get back to me as soon as possible, Please contact a dealer....... WTF AGAIN, just doesn't give me a warm and fuzzy....

If this info has been posted, please point me to the link and I will go away. There has been so much talk with Glock perfection fixes that I kinda got lost in it all.

Quote Originally Posted by BJXDS View Post
    I have a G19 Gen 4, and the trigger is not as nice as my G19 Gen 3. I have taken it apart cleaned, lubed and polished the trigger bar/connector. It is better now, but NOT as smooth or light as the Gen 3. I even tried a Ghost 4 lb connector/spring kit, and it may have been worse than the stock..... WTF.

With that said, it is my understanding that the connector angle and possibly trigger bar are contributing to this. I know there has been almost as much discussion on this as the reliability fixes. The Gen 4 connector definitely has a different angle, and the trigger bar has the bump. Not to be a dick, but I really don't Give a shit why Glock did what they did. The trigger on mine at least is just not as good, in addition the Gen 4 is just not as smooth and does not seem to be fitted as well as the Gen 3

So does anyone have any info, preferably from Glock or a Glock armorer with a definitive part compatibility list? Specifically can the trigger bar and connector from a Gen 3 be used in a Gen 4?

I have sent my questions to Glock ,but when I receive the message, before I submit the form that they are extremely busy and will get back to me as soon as possible, Please contact a dealer....... WTF AGAIN, just doesn't give me a warm and fuzzy....

If this info has been posted, please point me to the link and I will go away. There has been so much talk with Glock perfection fixes that I kinda got lost in it all.
    There isn't really a "gen4" trigger bar. The dimple first appeared on the G37. It adds some weight. Maybe a pound. It can be replaced with a "gen 3" trigger bar. The parts are interchangeable. The dimple can also be filed down to get the same results. I've done both.

The "gen 4" connector (dot) should be lighter than the stock gen 3 connector. Your aftermarket connector could be the result of drop in parts not dropping in. I had a Scherer "3.5lb" connector do the same thing. Sometimes it happens. Try another connector. (But if you do realize that unless it's a "3.5lb" or minus connector it won't be lighter than what's currently in there.)

Links:

"gen 3" trigger bar
    http://www.midwayusa.com/product/535...smooth-trigger

Vanek polished OEM minus/3.5 connector
    http://www.vanekcustom.com/4.html

I'm following this. I know quite a few aftermarket triggers use the gen 3 trigger bar.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Shooting is 90% mental. The rest is in your head." -Nils

There are some folks who have reported reliability issues with 3rd Gen trigger assemblies in Gen4 pistols. I have 3rd Gen smooth face triggers in all my Gen4 Glocks, and have had zero, repeat zero trigger related issues with any of them through probably a combined 10,000 rounds.

I would swap in a 3rd Gen trigger bar with trigger WAY before an aftermarket connector or springs.

For the OP here's what I'll recommend:

Gen3 Glock trigger bar. Here's the smooth-faced G17gen3 type trigger bar SP00357: http://glockparts.com/Detail.aspx?PROD=7237

SP00721 Glock-brand MINUS connector: http://glockparts.com/Glock%20origin...8.aspx?CAT=705

Remember to oil/lube the interface between trigger-bar and connector. Many Youtube videos seem to omit that step. Also, ensure the trigger spring is properly oriented on the trigger bar and not off to the side.

I like Post #2's suggested parts and sources, too.
    Last edited by L-2; 04-11-2016 at 09:10 PM.

I currently have a Gen 3 trigger bar, minus connector, and 5 lb striker spring. I think the general consensus is that the Gen 3 triggers are going to be better but that doesn't mean then Gen 4 is without hope.

I'm still evaluating whether or not I prefer the minus over the dot.

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    Another vote for the Gen3 trigger in a Gen 4 gun. Put one in my G4G19 and it made a dramatic improvement. Made it maybe 1/2 lb lighter but more than that it made it a smooth, rolling break with very little overtravel. 0 malfunctions in over 1000 rounds since it's been installed.

edit: For what its worth, the gun is stock except for some conservative polishing with Mothers Mag and a Q tip. Trigger is more than acceptable for a defensive handgun. Probably among my favorite glock triggers ever, actually.
    Last edited by Nephrology; 04-11-2016 at 10:22 PM.

IMO shooters reporting a 16oz. drop in trigger pull weight when replacing a Gen 4 trigger bar with a Gen 3 trigger bar are dreaming.

I don't notice much of a weight reduction but rather the break feels less like a staple gun

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JBP55 View Post
    IMO shooters reporting a 16oz. drop in trigger pull weight when replacing a Gen 4 trigger bar with a Gen 3 trigger bar are dreaming.
    I'd say it's closer to a 4-6oz drop in trigger weight, but that's subjective. More importantly it doesnt stage and then "hitch" through the break. Seems to just roll through to a clean break with very little overtravel relative to the g4 trigger.
    Last edited by Nephrology; 04-12-2016 at 04:08 PM.

User Tag List