Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Because facilitating buying crap on the internets is not enough...

Because facilitating buying crap on the internets is not enough...

If Paypal is so concerned with "social justice" and protecting gender identity rights, would it not be more helpful solution if they opened a facility with adequate public bathrooms to accommodate all gender identities rather than abandoning everyone who does not identify themselves as male or female? But that would be putting their money where their mouth is.

PayPal has announced that it will not open a new operations center in Charlotte, North Carolina, because of the state’s new “bathroom law” — a law that sensibly requires people to use public, multi-occupancy bathrooms that correspond with their biological sex. PayPal thinks this is horrible. To put it bluntly, PayPal’s “corporate values” include involuntarily exposing women and girls to male nudity as a condition of going to the bathroom. This used to be called sexual harassment and indecent exposure. Now it’s called social justice.

This whole bathroom thing is complete and utter nonsense.
    VDMSR.com
    Chief Developer for V Development Group
    Everything I post I do so as a private individual who is not representing any company or organization.

Quote Originally Posted by voodoo_man View Post
    This whole bathroom thing is complete and utter nonsense.
    Like, totally eleventy billion likes...
    Fairness leads to extinction much faster than harsh parameters.

Paywho?? I'm guessing the move has little to do with bathrooms and more to do with tax break shakedown. Wanna bet that if you go to PayWho whirled headquarters you'll find men's and women's facilities and not sex offender central. I'm guessing they wanted a pile of tax breaks and what nots and NC said pound sand.

...include involuntarily exposing women and girls to male nudity as a condition of going to the bathroom.
    I don't expect to experience exposure to male nudity in the men's room. Aside of a dive bar that has the trough style urinals, if you are involuntarily experiencing nudity in the bathroom, someone is doing it wrong. .

When the country has reached a point where it's controversial that men use the men's room and women use the women's... I mean really?? This is depressing.

I support business' right to do business with whomever they choose. If you don't want to make a wedding cake for a gay wedding, whatever. You're a dick, but I support people's rights to do business as they choose.

In this example, same thing. Cool, PayPal is weird/obtuse. But, I support their right to do business however they choose to.

Quote Originally Posted by Slalom.45 View Post
    When the country has reached a point where it's controversial that men use the men's room and women use the women's... I mean really?? This is depressing.
    I think we should remove the men and women from the doors. Instead have one door for penises, another for vaginas. You can identify as a woman, but as long as you have a penis you use the penis restroom.

Problem solved, problem staying solved.
    Last edited by PPGMD; 04-11-2016 at 03:24 PM.
    "The rocket worked perfectly, except for landing on the wrong planet." - Wernher Von Braun

http://www.teampegleg.com

Quote Originally Posted by Josh Runkle View Post
    I support business' right to do business with whomever they choose. If you don't want to make a wedding cake for a gay wedding, whatever. You're a dick, but I support people's rights to do business as they choose.

In this example, same thing. Cool, PayPal is weird/obtuse. But, I support their right to do business however they choose to.
    And, by the same token, we don't have to do business with PayPal because they seem to have a totalitarian streak in the executive offices (which isn't all that surprising for executive suites, of course).

Quote Originally Posted by Jeep View Post
    And, by the same token, we don't have to do business with PayPal because they seem to have a totalitarian streak in the executive offices (which isn't all that surprising for executive suites, of course).
    Absolutely.

User Tag List