Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: KSTG Rampage Benefit Match

Site Supporter

KSTG Rampage Benefit Match

Registration opens on: April 18, 2016 @ 12:00 PM · Registration closes on: April 26, 2016 @ 1:00 PM

Match starts: April 26, 2016 @ 3:00 PM · Match ends: April 26, 2016 @ 11:00 PM

On March 15, 2016, our friend Todd Louis Green passed away after a decade long fight with cancer. Among Todd's many achievements were cofounding the Kinda Sorta Tactical Game and starting "Rampage for the Cure", a charity that benefits cancer treatment and research at the Johns Hopkins Sidney Kimmel Cancer Center. http://rampageforthecure.org

A regular of FPS's USPSA matches (and the KSTG matches that Todd started at the NRA Range) came up with the excellent idea of a KSTG match to benefit Rampage for the Cure. We thought this was a great way to honor Todd, and the NRA Range agreed to donate all proceeds from the match to Rampage.

The match will be held on April 26, 2016 at the NRA Range. The physical address for the range is 11250 Waples Mill Rd., Fairfax, VA 22030. If you've never been to the Range before there is a short "test" and waiver before you can enter the range area. There is a one-time $10 processing fee to administer and process the test.

Squads will shoot the match in a one hour format. The squad you sign up for is the time you will shoot. If you have to complete the range test, please show up at least 15 minutes early.

Registration will begin via PractiScore on April 18 at noon EST.

For those of you who are unfamiliar with KSTG, the rules are available here: http://kstghq.com/rulebook/

In addition to the normal KSTG rules, time will be deducted for witty Archer references and an additional category award will be given for the best Archer-themed costume. In all seriousness, the primary goal of this match is for everyone to have fun while remembering our friend Todd and raising as much as we can to benefit his charity. To facilitate this, the stages will be brief and consist of drills that Todd liked. This will provide the opportunity for the greatest number of shooters to participate in the match and reduce stress levels for match staff in keeping the match running on time. There will also be an opportunity to get a coveted and prestigious KSTG classification. Round count will be approximately 50 rounds.

If you cannot attend, but would still like to help Todd's charity, you can make donations at: http://rampageforthecure.org

Please thank Mike and Debbie at the NRA Range for making this match happen and Cody for giving up the range for a day when he had another match already scheduled.
    Last edited by joshs; 04-10-2016 at 10:18 PM.

Site Supporter
    We're definitely shooting the classifier

And, I'm also thinking that we should shoot

Todd's version of Ken's version of the Warren barrel drill

Triple Nickel

I'm still trying to come up with an idea for the fourth stage. As I said in the match announcement, the idea is to have simple stages that are or are at least based on drills that Todd liked.
    Last edited by joshs; 04-10-2016 at 10:30 PM.

Murder Machine, Harmless Fuzzball TCinVA's Avatar
    I'll be there to help set up. I'll even shoot.
    3/15/2016

I'm in. I've been needing to see customers in the Kremlin area anyway.

Advice on flying in to and out of BWI with a handgun would be appreciated, by PM to avoid derailing. I can fly in to Dulles or Reagan if it's easier.

Very sorry I can't be there for this.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Rats, I'm out of town that week, but if I could make it I'd totally order a Tactleneck just for the match.

Last edited by JSGlock34; 04-11-2016 at 07:36 PM.
    "When the phone rang, Parker was in the garage, killing a man."

Quote Originally Posted by TCinVA View Post
    I'll be there to help set up. I'll even shoot.
    I'll see if I can take off early to help set up also. When will set up begin? Also, I think I'm going to suck at a lot of the stages, such as the figure 8 drill. Guess you guys can get a good laugh at my performance, then tell me how to stop sucking.

My Dr. Algernop Kreiger costume is being assembled as we speak.
    -C

My blog: The Way of the Multigun

Quote Originally Posted by JSGlock34 View Post
    Rats, I'm out of town that week, but if I could make it I'd totally order a Tactleneck just for the match.

Would you order it in black, or in a slightly darker black?

Site Supporter
    Just a reminder that registration for the match opens at noon today. https://practiscore.com/kstg-rampage...match/register

User Tag List