Page 26 of 59 FirstFirst ... 16242526272836 ... LastLast

Thread: Beretta picture thread

Quote Originally Posted by DanM View Post
    @Bigghoss, would you be willing to snap a photo of yourself carrying like that? I had never thought of this and I don’t think any of my jeans have watch pockets big enough to carry a G26 but I’m curious how everything would look when actually worn. Thanks.

–————————————————
    My posts only represent my opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of my employer. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.
    I can at some point. I just got to work so It'll be a minimum 14 hours before I'll have a chance to do it. If I don't get to it by Saturday remind me. I'm a pretty fat guy so the love handles create a lot of space to hide a gun right there. Been slowing losing weight so we'll see how well it works in a year if things go well.
    Quote Originally Posted by MattyD380 View Post
    Because buying cool, interesting guns I don't need isn't a decision... it's a lifestyle...

Name:  Beretta Wilson 92A1 1.jpg
Views: 1461
Size:  91.2 KB
    Name:  Beretta Wilson 92A1 4.jpg
Views: 1490
Size:  101.6 KB
    Name:  Beretta Wilson 92A1 3.jpg
Views: 1309
Size:  69.4 KB

Just got this back from Wilson. It started out as a factory 92A1. I had them perform the following:
    1) Reverse crown barrel
    2) Checker front and back straps
    3) Bevel mag well
    4) Install Wilson Extended Safety
    5) Supply fluted steel guide rod with factory recoil spring
    6) ArmorTuff frame and parts in burnt bronze
    7) Supply UltraThin Wilson grips - black

I then spent the evening performing the following:
    1) Install Trijicon HD sights
    2) Install factory steel trigger
    3) Install Langon Tactical Trigger Job in a Bag with 14lb mainspring.
    4) Install factory G-converson to de-cocker only

The result is a 6.8lb DA pull and 3.2lb SA pull. Reset is 50% shorter than factory.

Test fire begins tomorrow after work...
    Last edited by Sensei; 06-07-2018 at 09:29 PM.
    I like my rifles like my women - short, light, fast, brown, and suppressed.

Traded in my 4006 TSW (not my CHP one) on this really nice PX4 compact. There's a big scratch on the other side but otherwise it looks and feels new.

Quote Originally Posted by MattyD380 View Post
    Because buying cool, interesting guns I don't need isn't a decision... it's a lifestyle...

Me running one of my Brig-Tacs this past weekend.

http://instagram.com/p/Bj0bHdzng1J/

Quote Originally Posted by Sensei View Post
    Name:  Beretta Wilson 92A1 1.jpg
Views: 1461
Size:  91.2 KB
    Name:  Beretta Wilson 92A1 4.jpg
Views: 1490
Size:  101.6 KB
    Name:  Beretta Wilson 92A1 3.jpg
Views: 1309
Size:  69.4 KB

Just got this back from Wilson. It started out as a factory 92A1. I had them perform the following:
    1) Reverse crown barrel
    2) Checker front and back straps
    3) Bevel mag well
    4) Install Wilson Extended Safety
    5) Supply fluted steel guide rod with factory recoil spring
    6) ArmorTuff frame and parts in burnt bronze
    7) Supply UltraThin Wilson grips - black

I then spent the evening performing the following:
    1) Install Trijicon HD sights
    2) Install factory steel trigger
    3) Install Langon Tactical Trigger Job in a Bag with 14lb mainspring.
    4) Install factory G-converson to de-cocker only

The result is a 6.8lb DA pull and 3.2lb SA pull. Reset is 50% shorter than factory.

Test fire begins tomorrow after work...

Please keep us updated with your impressions, looks great!

Quote Originally Posted by EVP View Post
    Please keep us updated with your impressions, looks great!
    I’ve begun the break in over the past week. I lubed it up with Slip 2000 EWG and hit the range with 200 rounds of 147 grain AE and 50 rounds of 147 grain HST. The only hardware hiccup was a failure to completely chamber one round of AE on a slide lock reload using the lever to release the slide. This occurred on the 3rd magazine. Otherwise, feeding and extraction were fine. From a software perspective, I short stroked the reset a couple of times likely because I’ve been shooting SRT-equipped Sigs for the past week. Accuracy was no different than any other Beretta - excellent.
    Last edited by Sensei; 06-12-2018 at 06:30 AM.

Sensei,

How are you getting a 6.8/3.2lb pull with a 14lb hammer spring? I have a 12lb in my GSD with a Langdon trigger job in a bag and mine is virtually identical to yours. Just curious.

Quote Originally Posted by Serpico1985 View Post
    Sensei,

How are you getting a 6.8/3.2lb pull with a 14lb hammer spring? I have a 12lb in my GSD with a Langdon trigger job in a bag and mine is virtually identical to yours. Just curious.
    I have found some variability in the trigger pull weights and reset length across the 5 of these that I have installed with a 14 lb mainspring. I’m not exactly sure why this is, but the average DA pull weight is typically closer to 7.5 lbs and this gun is the lightest in my stable. It also had the greatest trigger reset reduction; call me lucky. I don’t think that I’m the only one experiencing this as some people with the 12 lb spring report DA pull weights as low as 6lbs.

My suspicion is that the reason is probably multifactorial, with small variations in spring tension having a large impact on downstream trigger weight. I’ve not measured this, but the standard deviation in spring tension might surprise us if we did some analysis. Also, keep in mind that I get small variations in trigger pull weight on the same gun from one pull to the next that can be chalked up to any number of reasons such as positioning of that scale on the trigger.

I bet @LangdonTactical has a better answer.
    Last edited by Sensei; 06-17-2018 at 01:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sensei View Post
    I have found some variability in the trigger pull weights and reset length across the 5 of these that I have installed with a 14 lb mainspring. I’m not exactly sure why this is, but the average DA pull weight is typically closer to 7.5 lbs and this gun is the lightest in my stable. It also had the greatest trigger reset reduction; call me lucky. I don’t think that I’m the only one experiencing this as some people with the 12 lb spring report DA pull weights as low as 6lbs.

My suspicion is that the reason is probably multifactorial, with small variations in spring tension having a large impact on downstream trigger weight. I’ve not measured this, but the standard deviation in spring tension might surprise us if we did some analysis. Also, keep in mind that I get small variations in trigger pull weight on the same gun from one pull to the next that can be chalked up to any number of reasons such as positioning of that scale on the trigger.

I bet @LangdonTactical has a better answer.
    Yes, there are a lot of variables for sure. The way the trigger weight is tested is one of the biggest variables. I have found electronic trigger pull scales to be very unreliable in giving true trigger weight. There is a reason that most sanctioning bodies of shooting use dead weights or NRA style weights for measuring trigger pull. Electronic systems can be very inaccurate for many reasons. At least that can be my experience.

Lubrication on the components and the trigger return spring can also make a big difference.
    www.langdontactical.com
    Bellator,Doctus,Armatus

User Tag List