Page 25 of 59 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast

Thread: Beretta picture thread

Picked up a second used fullsize PX4 and a used subcompact PX4. The fullsize gave me a few BTF's and then a case got stuck in the chamber so I'm think it's got a bad extractor/spring. Gonna replace both because no reason not to. The subcompact is fairly snappy. I didn't shoot it next to my Glock 26 but if seems snappier than the 26. The PX4 subcompact has a typical Browning-style lockup and uses two equal length recoil springs. I think that the PX4sc might benefit from a recoil spring setup more like the Glock's but there's probably patent issues to deal with. Or since the compact has the same barrel length as a G26, just replace the current PX4sc with a PX4 compact that has a shorter grip, maybe even shorter than the current sc so the mags hold an even 10 rounds and then offer a sleeve for the 13 round mags.

Also brought the M9-22. This thing is a lot of fun. I could burn through a lot of .22 ammo in short order if I had more mags. The only malfunctions I've had were with Winchester M-22 ammo. That stuff is really shitty and inconsistent. I wanted to shoot my .22 revolver I just got but the second round I fired was a squib and blocked the barrel. Recoil was all over the place and a few rounds didn't eject or didn't cycle enough to pick up a fresh round.

Quote Originally Posted by MattyD380 View Post
    Because buying cool, interesting guns I don't need isn't a decision... it's a lifestyle...

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigghoss View Post
    Picked up a second used fullsize PX4 and a used subcompact PX4. The fullsize gave me a few BTF's and then a case got stuck in the chamber so I'm think it's got a bad extractor/spring. Gonna replace both because no reason not to. The subcompact is fairly snappy. I didn't shoot it next to my Glock 26 but if seems snappier than the 26. The PX4 subcompact has a typical Browning-style lockup and uses two equal length recoil springs. I think that the PX4sc might benefit from a recoil spring setup more like the Glock's but there's probably patent issues to deal with. Or since the compact has the same barrel length as a G26, just replace the current PX4sc with a PX4 compact that has a shorter grip, maybe even shorter than the current sc so the mags hold an even 10 rounds and then offer a sleeve for the 13 round mags.

Also brought the M9-22. This thing is a lot of fun. I could burn through a lot of .22 ammo in short order if I had more mags. The only malfunctions I've had were with Winchester M-22 ammo. That stuff is really shitty and inconsistent. I wanted to shoot my .22 revolver I just got but the second round I fired was a squib and blocked the barrel. Recoil was all over the place and a few rounds didn't eject or didn't cycle enough to pick up a fresh round.

How do you like the PX4 subcompact ? How does it compare to a Glock 26 in size?
    Last edited by TheNewbie; 06-04-2018 at 06:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TheNewbie View Post
    How do you like the PX4 subcompact ? How does it compare to a Glock 26 in size?
    It's bigger than the 26 in every way except muzzle to back of slide. Bore axis is higher, grip is longer (the PX4sc hold 13 rounds), the gun is thicker even before the decocker/safety levers, pretty much every way it's bigger and enough to put the SC out of the same class as the G26. The G26 is right at the upper limits of being a pocket gun and the PX4sc just isn't a pocket gun. For me, I usually carry my G26 in that 5th watch pocket of my jeans and I think the SC will work for that too so it's still a grab-and-go gun for me if I can find a similar kydex trigger cover (aka "Mexican carry" holster) for the SC. I'll have to shoot it more and experiment with it and the compact more to see if there's a place for it in my system. I would like to see Beretta do a single stack PX4 similar to the S&W CS9. I also think the compact's slide is short enough for most people so maybe they could do a cross between the two that uses the compact's slide and locking system but the subcompact's grip or maybe even a shorter 10-round grip.
    Because buying cool, interesting guns I don't need isn't a decision... it's a lifestyle...

Site Supporter
    It's bigger than the 26 in every way except muzzle to back of slide. Bore axis is higher, grip is longer (the PX4sc hold 13 rounds), the gun is thicker even before the decocker/safety levers, pretty much every way it's bigger and enough to put the SC out of the same class as the G26. The G26 is right at the upper limits of being a pocket gun and the PX4sc just isn't a pocket gun. For me, I usually carry my G26 in that 5th watch pocket of my jeans and I think the SC will work for that too so it's still a grab-and-go gun for me if I can find a similar kydex trigger cover (aka "Mexican carry" holster) for the SC. I'll have to shoot it more and experiment with it and the compact more to see if there's a place for it in my system. I would like to see Beretta do a single stack PX4 similar to the S&W CS9. I also think the compact's slide is short enough for most people so maybe they could do a cross between the two that uses the compact's slide and locking system but the subcompact's grip or maybe even a shorter 10-round grip.
    Thanks . I wish Beretta would make something along the lines of a 92 version of the 42/43. In FS and G configuration.

For me, I usually carry my G26 in that 5th watch pocket of my jeans
    Wait, what? I need a picture of this.
    --Josh
    “Formerly we suffered from crimes; now we suffer from laws.” - Tacitus.

Quote Originally Posted by LOKNLOD View Post
    Wait, what? I need a picture of this.
    These are Wrangler carpenter jeans. It doesn't work with some jeans because of the pocket size.

Mind: Blown.
    --Josh
    “Formerly we suffered from crimes; now we suffer from laws.” - Tacitus.

@Bigghoss, would you be willing to snap a photo of yourself carrying like that? I had never thought of this and I don’t think any of my jeans have watch pockets big enough to carry a G26 but I’m curious how everything would look when actually worn. Thanks.

–————————————————
    My posts only represent my opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of my employer. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

Site Supporter
    That's actually a pretty snazzy set up.

User Tag List