Page 55 of 59 FirstFirst ... 5455354555657 ... LastLast

Thread: Beretta picture thread

So I hunted down myself one of those 18 round, DAO K frames. I’m happy with it thus far. Name:  A4B8D72C-2A2C-4026-BC0A-C14E506D2111.jpg
Views: 934
Size:  61.0 KB
    Men freely believe that which they desire.
    Julius Caesar

Quote Originally Posted by Wheeler View Post
    So I hunted down myself one of those 18 round, DAO K frames. I’m happy with it thus far. Name:  A4B8D72C-2A2C-4026-BC0A-C14E506D2111.jpg
Views: 934
Size:  61.0 KB
    I had one and traded it off to a coworker. He still reminds me from time to time how nice the trigger is. I offered to trade him my beater Glock 34 for it back, he said he would but his dad really likes the 92D. So I have to accept that I am not getting that gun back.
    Quote Originally Posted by MattyD380 View Post
    Because buying cool, interesting guns I don't need isn't a decision... it's a lifestyle...

Quote Originally Posted by Bigghoss View Post
    I had one and traded it off to a coworker. He still reminds me from time to time how nice the trigger is. I offered to trade him my beater Glock 34 for it back, he said he would but his dad really likes the 92D. So I have to accept that I am not getting that gun back.
    The trigger was pretty good with the D spring. It’s even more gooder with a Wolff 13# spring. I haven’t had the chance to run much ammo through it yet. 60 rounds of Blazer Aluminum case 115 ball and 5 rounds of Hydrashok 124. No failures so far. I hope that continues to be the case.
    Julius Caesar

Quote Originally Posted by Wheeler View Post
    The trigger was pretty good with the D spring. It’s even more gooder with a Wolff 13# spring. I haven’t had the chance to run much ammo through it yet. 60 rounds of Blazer Aluminum case 115 ball and 5 rounds of Hydrashok 124. No failures so far. I hope that continues to be the case.
    I think I had put 14# Langdon or Wilson springs in mine. I did grab myself a 92XD when those were available. My original plan was to put the D parts on an M9A1 but I haven't gotten around to ordering action parts.
    Quote Originally Posted by MattyD380 View Post
    Because buying cool, interesting guns I don't need isn't a decision... it's a lifestyle...

Quote Originally Posted by Bigghoss View Post
    I think I had put 14# Langdon or Wilson springs in mine. I did grab myself a 92XD when those were available. My original plan was to put the D parts on an M9A1 but I haven't gotten around to ordering action parts.
    I was looking pretty hard at a new 92X frame with all the important parts that was for sale over on the Beretta forum and then buying one of the 92D Centurion parts kits for sale on EveryGunParts.com. Buying an original came out to be substantially cheaper as I was getting up into new M9A3 price ranges just to get all the parts together. Especially as the parts kits didn’t include locking blocks. It’s a bit of a bummer that I don’t have a rail but that’s never been a requirement for me for a defensive pistol.

Overall I’m pretty satisfied with the gun. I’ll probably spring for a Wilson rear sight eventually unless someone can suggest a better option to get a slightly wider notch than OEM.
    Julius Caesar

Nothin' since September, so I will add a Vertec from days gone by.
    Vertec 92fs. Name:  Beretta 92fs Vertec.jpg
Views: 672
Size:  63.5 KB
    "... And miles to go before I sleep".

Am I the only one who stumbled into owning a “Dash”?

90-Two… super low round count, minor scratches. It really shoots great, but suffered from the shittiest marketing and naming ever.

(Anyone got a spare plastic rail cover floating around? It’s the only thing I am missing from the box.)

Name:  6E0A0B0C-6403-4262-A86C-735083AFAEC0.jpg
Views: 688
Size:  50.6 KB
    “A gun is a tool, Marian; no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that.” - Shane

Soooo, I don’t own these, but did assemble them.

My friend owned a local range, and that range was featured on several TV shows, like Dooms Day Preppers, The Little Couple, and a few others for TLC. At one point, he was asked if a show could film there that turned out to be “Norman Reedus: Ride Across America”. The plot was Norman Reedus from Walking Dead riding his motor cycle across the country, and each episode had a different guest and would include a different stop over and activity. Well, the planned episode would have Norman and his Boonbock Saints co star Sean Patrick Flanders go to the shooting range.

So my buddy bought these matching Berettas and had the custom paint job applied. And a few days before the episode was due to film, a rather large and famous school shooting occurred. And the producers and Norman decided an episode of shooting guns was all yucky…. So they canceled. Never mind Norman makes a living shooting people every week on The Walking Dead, and in other movies.

Anyway, the show was never filmed, my buddy sold off the pistols, and I never got my 5 min of fame on TV helping run the range for the show.

And that is the back story of how these two pistols got a paint job that I would never own…. But someone snatched up at a premium price.

Name:  64F0A655-221F-43C3-9A29-471BF9538C9A.jpg
Views: 689
Size:  97.2 KB
    “A gun is a tool, Marian; no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that.” - Shane

Was going to do some 1:1 scale dry fire with my carry LTT, but the single digit temps along with the wind was a bit much so an impromptu photo shoot is what happened instead

Name:  LTT1.jpg
Views: 542
Size:  74.2 KB

Name:  20220206_092845 (2).jpg
Views: 513
Size:  86.3 KB

User Tag List