Page 22 of 59 FirstFirst ... 12202122232432 ... LastLast

Thread: Beretta picture thread

We may lose and we may win, but we will never be here again.......

Quote Originally Posted by Guerrero View Post
    ...and this is gaudy done right.
    For serious.

Quote Originally Posted by Trooper224 View Post
    "You look like you might have seen one up close."

Guess I haven't posted this one in here.
    Name:  Langdon M9.jpg
Views: 1181
Size:  30.7 KB

-Cory

Quote Originally Posted by Gadfly View Post
    I don’t want to be held responsible for the design aesthetic... I was just asked by a friend to assemble everything post paint job. They were NIB M9s before they were “paint raped”.

Believe it or not, the owner had a very good reason to paint them up.

Well, I talked to the owner of these two pistols, and got the go ahead to post the story...

My friend owns a gun/archery range, and his range has been featured on several cable shows (Doomsday Preppers, The Little couple and others) along with several news shows. He closes down the range and lets them film segments for shows.

Well, a while back, he got called and asked about filming in private, and was asked in particular about the archery range section he has. Among the questions were things about cross bow rental, and some other obvious tip off questions. So my buddy straight up asked when Norman Redus and company would be arriving. The producer laughed and confirmed the suspicion of the star, and set a date for "Norman Redus' Ride Across America" to film. Subsequent follow up phone calls came over time, and they let spill that Sean Patrick Flannery would be showing up with Norman!

So what does my buddy do? He buys two NIB M9's sends them out for custom Boon-dock Saints paint, buys some high end cross bows, calls me to assemble the Berettas (and maybe have some special firearms brought out)... ANNNNNNNNDDDDDD he gets a call cancelling the whole event. Mind you, he is $3k in the hole buying toys to make the show more entertaining. The producers "felt in the current political climate, basing a episode on guns and crossbows did not fit in with the channels audience, and would be to controversial to air"...

So, they backed out and left him holding the check.

Anybody want to buy a pair of custom M9s?
    (I can vouch they are assembled properly and do fire!)
    “A gun is a tool, Marian; no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that.” - Shane

Well, if I thought I was going to meet a movie star I might be tempted to bling out a gun from one of their roles too.

The newest experiment/victim.

Just picked up a very nice used 92FS for a reasonable price and on my way home I got notified that the M9-22 I ordered had come in so I picked that up too. The 92FS is going to be an experiment of sorts. It's going to get a Langdon TJIB, G-conversion lever, larger mag release, and new grips and I'm going to see just how good I can make a 92 without sending it off to someone, as well as using it to figure out which grips and mag release I prefer.

Just updated my training/war belt with these two as my new primary weapons in that rig. Langdon PX4CC Full Size Mod 5 and a Monkey Edge exclusive Strider DuB in 3V. Very happy with both.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by Dagga Boy; 04-16-2018 at 04:17 PM.
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.
    "If I had a grandpa, he would look like Delbert Belton".

This 92 Centurian just came in from a member here. Been wanting one of these for a bit and now I have one to play with.

User Tag List