Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Any advantage to having non-black glock?

Honestly the only "advantage" is from the manufacture side. Eveytime they come out with another color is seems to produce another surge of interest or sales.

Any advantage to having non-black glock?

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Haggard View Post
    Maybe someone else here knows more on the subject, but I have heard from several sources that the colors of plastic other than black for things like this, pistol frames, MagPul mags, etc., are less durable than the black plastic.

If I wanted a Glock that wasn't black I'd get it coated. It's pretty easy to do.
    Lighter plastic colors in some plastics have been weaker. In the case of the Glock frame it matters far less. The frame doesn't really do much that would cause concern.
    Last edited by orionz06; 04-11-2016 at 09:40 AM.
    Think for yourself. Question authority.

Quote Originally Posted by orionz06 View Post
    Lighter plastic colors in some plastics have been weaker. In the case of the Glock frame it matters far less. The frame doesn't really do much that would cause concern.
    I'm thinking more like 20 years down the road........
    I am the owner of Agile/Training and Consulting
    www.agiletactical.com

We've had the old baby shit Glocks for some time now as well as many others, not sure there have been issues to speak of.

If we're talking Pmags that are gonna have to be long term items I'm buying black all day. The Glock frames don't excite me though, even long term.

Sent from my Nokia 3310 using an owl
    Think for yourself. Question authority.

Does this mean we're officially out of stuff to talk about?

Cool kids cerakote everything. You could even get flannel if you need public camo.
    Semper Gumby, Always Flexible

What sights do you have on those guns?
    Looks like Heinie Ledge rears.

What sights do you have on those guns?
    Default is correct -- Heinie Ledge tritium, .156 rear paired with a .230 front Trijicon HD orange front. The Heinie is easier on my stomach, even after sanding the edges on the HD rear.

Quote Originally Posted by orionz06 View Post
    We've had the old baby shit Glocks for some time now as well as many others, not sure there have been issues to speak of.

If we're talking Pmags that are gonna have to be long term items I'm buying black all day. The Glock frames don't excite me though, even long term.

Sent from my Nokia 3310 using an owl
    Plus, Glock has, in my experience, been terrific about replacing frames and slides, even when shot beyond normal life.

Quote Originally Posted by Peally View Post
    Does this mean we're officially out of stuff to talk about?

Cool kids cerakote everything. You could even get flannel if you need public camo.
    We generally are out of stuff to talk about after page one of a thread on PF.

Page one, the questions get answered fully, or 98% answered.

Page two, the wise cracks start.

Page five, the butthurt starts.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Site Supporter
    At the last NRA Basic Pistol class I helped teach, a female student did some really nice shooting with her lavender-colored Glock 42. If it makes a lady we care about that much more likely to like, train with, and carry the gun, it is a good thing.

Quote Originally Posted by BillSWPA View Post
    At the last NRA Basic Pistol class I helped teach, a female student did some really nice shooting with her lavender-colored Glock 42. If it makes a lady we care about that much more likely to like, train with, and carry the gun, it is a good thing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sean M View Post
    Just not even sure how to respond at this point.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

I'm in the market for several Glocks since I want to go all-Gen-4. I considered messing with the colored ones, but the cost and the hunt (wanting to have them all be one color, or mismatched, or whatever) just wasn't worth it for me.

Knowing a couple of Cerakoters I'm sure I can change my mind later if I want to. Plus I gotta do that Nintendo-blaster treatment to a G34.

I might yet consider another color down the road if I went with a different caliber. I've done different colored plastic on ARs before just to make it easier to tell them apart in the safe, but that's had a zero-cost affect on the purchasing of parts in one color vs. another.

User Tag List