Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Glock 19 sight recommendations

Quote Originally Posted by Wendell View Post
    Seems easy enough. The problem I have is should I pay $20 to have a gunsmith install them or spend $20-$50 on tools to do it myself.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Shooting is 90% mental. The rest is in your head." -Nils

Another vote for Trij. HD. I have them on all my handguns. They are very tough and the dot is bright. I like them in the orange over the green.

Quote Originally Posted by firefighterguy View Post
    Seems easy enough. The problem I have is should I pay $20 to have a gunsmith install them or spend $20-$50 on tools to do it myself.

Honestly, unless you have absolutely no desire to ever do basic gunsmithing on your own tools or you just have the money to burn, I'd invest in the tools and DIY. Saves you money in the long run and you don't have to wait for someone else to finish it for you on their time.

Quote Originally Posted by spinmove_ View Post
    Honestly, unless you have absolutely no desire to ever do basic gunsmithing on your own tools or you just have the money to burn, I'd invest in the tools and DIY. Saves you money in the long run and you don't have to wait for someone else to finish it for you on their time.
    That's sound advice. I have two guns I want to change the sights on and I'm sure more in the future. Seems all I need is a punch, file, hammer and front sight tool.

Quote Originally Posted by Wendell View Post
    That's the video that taught me how to do it a few years ago.
    All I bought was a brass punch and a needle file. I ground down the outside edge of a nut driver to use on the front sight.
    I remember trying to decide whether to spend the money on the file and punch or just pay someone to do it. I have since done Seven sets of sight for myself and friends.

Need a little help. I finally settled on Trijicon hds and took them to a gunsmith to get them installed. I get home and realize they are drifted to the right and not perfectly center. Stupid me for not checking.

Now I don't have a vice. I have a hammer and punch. Can I correct this on my own by laying the slide on its side on my work bench and tapping the rear sight.

Thanks in advance!

Quote Originally Posted by 1776United View Post
    Need a little help. I finally settled on Trijicon hds and took them to a gunsmith to get them installed. I get home and realize they are drifted to the right and not perfectly center. Stupid me for not checking.

Now I don't have a vice. I have a hammer and punch. Can I correct this on my own by laying the slide on its side on my work bench and tapping the rear sight.

Thanks in advance!

A padded vise is a must
    Taking a break from social media.

You can get a cheap vice at HD and HF, one that just clamps to a bench

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by 1776United View Post

Thanks in advance!

If you can't get it into a vice, it might be possible to clamp it down to a bench, assuming you can properly pad it on both sides. But a vice is the way to go...
    --Josh
    “Formerly we suffered from crimes; now we suffer from laws.” - Tacitus.

Thanks. I'll just pony up and buy one. I should've just bought one and installed myself.

User Tag List