Thread: Glock mag release spring - WTF?

Glock mag release spring - WTF?

So wore out the mag release spring on my dry practice/match G19. Pressing the mag release was complete mush, had two issues in last match. Bad me - didn't have spare, so stole one out of my G34 (both gen 4 not that it should matter). Problem fixed, except the G34 was down.

Ordered some new one's, arrived today. Just trying to put 1 of the new ones in the G34 - cannot get it to catch on the mag release. Tried for 20 min, tried different new ones, got out the G19 - took out the original one - swapped back and forth. The spring just sits to high in the G34, I have tried pushing it down pretty good with needle nose and tapped it lightly with the back of a small screwdriver. Cannot get it to set deep enough...... I got it on one time, but it scraped on and was NOT working properly - no back and forth motion.

ANY IDEAS?
    The stupidity of some people never ceases to amaze me.

Humbly improving with CZ's.

Can you compare newer one to the one you pulled for length? Also check for debris in channel

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

Yes, checked the length of new ones to my old one - 3 new ones and older appear all same length. I looked down into the channel for anything with a flashlight, couldn't see anything (although it is a very small hole, in a small place which is hard to see) - not sure how to go about getting anything out if there was something in it.

Thanks for the reply.
    I've slept on it and still am stumped.

So got a sewing needle and held the frame upside down and "cleaned out" anything that could have been in the hole - I got nothing. Tried it again - still sits to high.

This is getting stupid!

Might be time to consult a gunsmith

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

Use a caliper and check the diameter of old vs. new...
    Facts matter...Feelings Can Lie

User Tag List