Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Glock 19 sight recommendations

Glock 19 sight recommendations

I need to replace the factory plastic sights with a durable front tritium and plain rear sight.
    I have run Trijicons on my 1911s and HKs but always blacked out the rear sights.
    Your recommendations are appreciated.
    Shumba

The world is your oyster with glock sights. I'd check out Warren and Dawson for what you're looking for.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks, therein lies the problem��
    Shumba

I did a review of the Ameriglo CAP, Defoor and Pro-I iron sights -> http://www.vdmsr.com/2015/03/amerigl...dot-glock.html <- check it out to give you a good idea of what you might be looking for.

I'll be doing a review of the Trijicon HD's shortly as I've had more time on those than any other sight (other than my issued oem trijicon duty sights)
    VDMSR.com
    Chief Developer for V Development Group
    Everything I post I do so as a private individual who is not representing any company or organization.

I love the HD's and have them on several Glocks. The orange is so easy to see that your peripheral vision picks it up when pressing out. I think they changed their coating too - the HD's don't seem to collect residue the way their traditional line always has.

The U notch in the rear is quick to center and they did away with the white rings so your focus is easily drawn to the front.

I have found the .245" front necessary on my G19 and G26 with 147gr pills. Even then I have to lollipop a bullseye at 25 yards.

The only drawback I've found is how stupid sharp the rear edge is. I've cut myself more than once. Not "medic! We have a bleeder!!" bad... Just annoying cuts.

Quote Originally Posted by Shumba View Post
    I need to replace the factory plastic sights with a durable front tritium and plain rear sight.
    I have run Trijicons on my 1911s and HKs but always blacked out the rear sights.
    Your recommendations are appreciated.
    Shumba
    Look at the Defoor rear and a .125 stock height tritium from Ameriglo or Dawson.
    “If you know the way broadly you will see it in everything." - Miyamoto Musashi

Voodoo,
    Thanks for the excellent information.
    Shumba

Thanks Cid,
    I shoot +P 124 Gold Dot ammo.
    The HD in orange looks like a winner.
    Shumba

Quote Originally Posted by Shumba View Post
    Thanks Cid,
    I shoot +P 124 Gold Dot ammo.
    The HD in orange looks like a winner.
    Shumba
    That's what I shoot as well and both the HDs and the 10-8 sights (tritium or FO front black rear; guick to see through U notch) work fine for me. Of course, each gun is different so POA/POI may not be always exact but still good enough for defensive shootings (whether good enough is actually good enough for you is another matter).

P.S. I'm actually using green TCAPs on one of my carry G19s and I like them a lot too.

For tritium I like the Ameriglo Hackathorn GL433.

User Tag List