Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Glock 19 sight recommendations

Using the Ameriglo Spartans. Very much like the Trijicon HD's, but with a square notch vs. the U notch of the HD's.

good review voodooman
    Bill

Quote Originally Posted by noguns View Post
    My favorite sights of all my glocks : a front only trijicon HD orange in .215 with an ameriglo .290 plain serrated rear.
    The .315ish trijicon HD rear was too tall for that particular gun.
    What is the rear notch width on the ameriglo rear sight please?

All of my non-competition Glocks have Ameriglo Operator yellow/green sights. Unfortunately these do not seem to be available anymore.
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

Currently running all black defoors, probably go back to fiber or tcap in the future

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

Are the Trijicon hds worth the extra money over ameriglo pro idots? Going to order some new sights this week.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Shooting is 90% mental. The rest is in your head." -Nils

Quote Originally Posted by firefighterguy View Post
    Are the Trijicon hds worth the extra money over ameriglo pro idots? Going to order some new sights this week.

I've got a set of U notch I-Dot pro (since discontinued) on my G19 and they are great sights. Just put HDs on a G43 and I like them so much I think I'm going to put them on the G19 and put the I-Dots up for sale.

Quote Originally Posted by firefighterguy View Post

I have HD's on 2 guns. I have very limited experience with I-dots. The HD's are extremely tough. I think Ameriglo's products are not considered quite as rugged. Also, when I looked at I-dots on a colleagues gun, if you could see the entire disc on the front sight then the top of the front sight was higher than the top of the rear sight. If you lined up the tops of the front and the rear, then the bottom of the disc was obscured. I did not care for that.
    My comments have not been approved by my employer and do not necessarily represent the views of my employer. These are my comments, not my employer's.

I have a HK VP9 with the HD sights. I love them. The front sight pulls my eye and puts me right where I need to be. I will be getting these on any gun I intend to carry. I also use them for competition and have done well there too.

I have Trijicon HDs on four Glocks and on my Springfield Compact 1911. I guess I like them.
    Just a dog chauffeur that used to hold the dumb end of the leash.

User Tag List