Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Gaming it - recoil springs and stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt O View Post
    I believe 13# for 9mm and 14# for .40.
    Old, worn out springs also track good sometimes...

in my CZ I think I have only ever changed a recoil spring once due to it wearing out, and that was on the gun with 160,000+ rounds on it. It eventually got sluggish and I put a new 11lb in. I'd have to dig out the data book to figure out when I did it. I am pretty sure that's the only time I've done it.
    ...and to think today you just have fangs

Rob Engh
    BC, Canada

Quote Originally Posted by raks View Post
    Does Beretta offer a 9# spring? Strictly speaking IPSC production only allows for OEM factory parts although I know most people will scoff at this, the CRO in me had to speak up.
    That's actually a good point. So far I have not been able to find factory 9lb recoil springs.

Quote Originally Posted by Les Pepperoni View Post
    Old, worn out springs also track good sometimes...
    And that is a good point too.....
    Last edited by Clobbersaurus; 04-15-2016 at 09:32 AM.

There is a big difference in factory 140 pf ammo and tailored 132 pf loads.

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Clobbersaurus View Post
    That's actually a good point. So far I have not been able to find factory 9lb recoil springs.

And that is a good point too.....

It only really matters if you're shooting IPSC (USPSA allows you to swap...)

This thread sucks -- just spent $200 with Jäger Products getting guide rods and springs for my G19 MOS carry optics pistols.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    This thread sucks -- just spent $200 with Jäger Products getting guide rods and springs for my G19 MOS carry optics pistols.
    I know you're somewhat conditioned due to your experience with the CZs, but you really don't need 5 19s and the associated widgets.

#cantbuyskillbutyoucanbuyhookers

I had to get one for the 17 and 34, too.

Don't you remember when you lost your fancy, expensive, new 226 guide rod in the snow, and had to get a metal detector to find it?
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

I had to get one for the 17 and 34, too.
    My experience only:

Changing out the stock RSA (recoil spring assembly) on my G34 and my G17 to a Jager stainless rod and a 13# spring both increased reliability and made for much faster followup shots. I tried 15#, 13#, 11# springs; shot factory loads, reloads (my competition reloads consistently run 133-134 PF), and defensive ammo; shot with the best grip I could manage and also the worst grip I could come up with using SHO and WHO and still retain the gun after the shot...

...for me, the 13# ISMI spring made everything (feed, lockback, etc) work no matter how much I tried to make it NOT work with poor/awkward grips, and had the best response in terms of the slide coming forward not making the muzzle dip, or the muzzle end high. YMMV.

I REALLY do not like the stock RSA for Gen 4 Glocks.

(For reference, I shoot my G34 in IDPA and USPSA.)

I haven't messed with my recoil spring on my G19, but it is an older Gen 3, back before they screwed up the recoil spring assembly.

User Tag List