Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Old timer sayings

My first day of field training: "If you have to hit someone with your flashlight, turn it off first. A lightsaber doesn't look good on video. But if you have to throw it turn it on so you can find it."

"That badge will get you some pu*** and that pu*** will take your badge."

Most of the cops I know that get in trouble should have paid attention to that.
    Formerly known as xpd54.
    The opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not reflect the opinions or policies of my employer.
    www.gunsnobbery.wordpress.com

Quote Originally Posted by Lon View Post

"If you meet a big breasted woman while you are working, know it won't be real, she just wants the badge."

Old timer was a breast man.
    VDMSR.com
    Chief Developer for V Development Group
    Everything I post I do so as a private individual who is not representing any company or organization.

Quote Originally Posted by Lon View Post

^^^THIS!!!

I was told there were "three B's that would get your badge: Bitches, Bills, and Booze."

That seems to be solid advise as I have seen countless officers lose their job over all of them.

Site Supporter
    Senior guy going to traffic court when off shift "It's more about the income than the outcome."

Site Supporter
    After putting his thumbs in his ears with his hands up like antlers, wiggling his fingers and sticking out his tongue out, then made a "plllluuuuuuttttttthhhhh" sound to a news crew. My training officer then turned to me and said "kid you got to have a little fun in this job or it will kill you."

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

From my Grandfather to me, "Son, there's old cops and there's bold cops, but there ain't no old, bold cops."

CAD
    The Law is clear-- and has been since the Time of Nero... "nemo gladius occidit, sed manu..." It is not the sword that kills, but the hand and mind wielding it" ( Seneca, Philosopher and Senator, ultimately "Terminated" by Nero because he spoke too obviously for Nero's Taste.)

I went to my agency for the Chief. A chance to work for a real life John Wayne. Owned a gun shop, Colt collector, and a man who really believed in doing the right thing. He came into a conference room to address me and my fellow rookies before we hit the streets. He gave a very simple "speech" on how to avoid having any issues with him....and actually meant it.

"You will treat crooks like crooks, and Citizens like citizens". This translated to you were allowed to do whatever was neccesary in arresting bad guys, and God forbid you ever treated a citizen poorly and without respect and courtesy. It is a shame we cannot be this simple now, as it worked well. Unfortunately, it is many of those "citizens" who want the crooks treated like them.

Second phase FTO....."Son, as far as the city is concerned, all you are is a hanger for that uniform, and nobody really cares about you"....as much as I didn't want to believe it, boy was he right.
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.
    "If I had a grandpa, he would look like Delbert Belton".

"There's only two times you can have too much ammo. If you're trying to swim across a river, or you're on fire"
    Last edited by jondoe297; 04-11-2016 at 02:04 PM.

My old academy instructor...

"conduct yourself in a manner that you wont end up as a training video"

My edit,

"Conduct yourself in a manner that your name wont end up a legal term"
    As in : We arrested those guys, and Johnny forgot to "Miranda" (persons name) them. Since he said he did, he may get "Giglio'ed" (persons name)... but it could be worse, he could have gotten "(insert your name here)".....

Don't end up as a legal decision.
    “A gun is a tool, Marian; no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that.” - Shane

User Tag List