Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: Old timer sayings

Quote Originally Posted by pablo View Post
    "You'll take whatever your served, say thank you, and eat it with a goddamn smile on your face."

That was my old man whispering in my ear about what was going to happen with the vegetables that my grandmother had boiled all the nutritional value out of.

Heard a kid get snippy with the dispatcher tonight. He was right, she was wrong. Hope he likes drive thru's, cause he's not getting a meal break anytime soon. Everyone else gets to breath a sigh of relief. If a rape, child abuse, fat naked woman (or any naked person), or any generally undesirable call comes out, well he's already adopted that baby.
    The greatest secret of law enforcement.....I used to regularly bring food to dispatchers, or at least call and ask if they wanted me to bring them something when I went to code 7. Also said please and thank you. Went a long way towards creating a peaceful work environment with them.

I was thankful for many of my co-workers indiscretions. I bought a lot of guns for pennies on the dollar from the guys who got caught cheating.
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.
    "If I had a grandpa, he would look like Delbert Belton".

Quote Originally Posted by nyeti View Post
    The greatest secret of law enforcement.....I used to regularly bring food to dispatchers, or at least call and ask if they wanted me to bring them something when I went to code 7. Also said please and thank you. Went a long way towards creating a peaceful work environment with them.
    Same here. I can't stand our dispatchers, a lot of guys can't figure why I'm so nice to them, why I always get a meal break, and unless it's an emergency I don't get jail or other time consuming calls in the last hour of shift.

Big agencies can definitely have dispatcher issues. In the smaller microcosm of a state police troop (at least here), the desk sergeant determines who gets stuck with what assignment. HE is the guy you want to stay on the good side of. I reminded more than one radio operator that she was nothing but a secretary with a microphone, and was no worse the wear for it. Of course, you want to remain cordial with all co-workers if you can. But some of them simply won't allow that to happen.

My dispatchers love me. Food? check. Birthdays? Check. Rides to/from dispatch? Check. Not getting the shit jobs? Double-check.

Hell, I had radio hide me for 3 hours one night because I needed to get something done out of my area. Dispatchers, while powerless in the grand scheme of things, really do control a lot.
    VDMSR.com
    Chief Developer for V Development Group
    Everything I post I do so as a private individual who is not representing any company or organization.

Quote Originally Posted by voodoo_man View Post

Hell, I had radio hide me for 3 hours one night because I needed to get something done out of my area. Dispatchers, while powerless in the grand scheme of things, really do control a lot.
    Wait, what? Where's Internal Affairs? Get them on the phone! LOL LOL

Stay safe, it's a jungle out there.

Sent from my Sero 7 Pro using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Ronin_Jedi View Post
    Wait, what? Where's Internal Affairs? Get them on the phone! LOL LOL

Stay safe, it's a jungle out there.

Sent from my Sero 7 Pro using Tapatalk
    If you haven't done that, its only a matter of time.
    VDMSR.com
    Chief Developer for V Development Group
    Everything I post I do so as a private individual who is not representing any company or organization.

User Tag List