Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Old timer sayings

I've had WhatAburger before in FL. Was pretty good. None of them around here.
    Formerly known as xpd54.
    The opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not reflect the opinions or policies of my employer.
    www.gunsnobbery.wordpress.com

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Lon View Post
    I've had WhatAburger before in FL. Was pretty good. None of them around here.
    OH has White Castle though....

Quote Originally Posted by Gadfly View Post
    Blasphemy. You are in Texas now, correct? Got to the holy place, the temple of WhatAburger, and repent your sins!

And you can Badge them and get half off your order.
    Thankfully, In N Out is also in Texas now and I don't have to go to a dirty Texas stop sign. You sound like Dobbs with the Whataburger thing. Luckily, Dobbs got schooled in Las Vegas about why In N Out is so wonderous. Now, there are some great food places in Texas, but Whataburger does not hold a candle to In N Out.
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.
    "If I had a grandpa, he would look like Delbert Belton".

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    OH has White Castle though....
    We do. Weird thing though. They have a distribution facility close by but most of the WC's have closed nearby. Gotta drive a half hour to get to one. I may or may not time certain trips to certain places just to get my WC fix since my wife despises them.
    Formerly known as xpd54.
    The opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not reflect the opinions or policies of my employer.

If you are open minded and willing to take a chance and be mind blown...

Go to what-a-burger. Get a Tripple with cheese plain and dry.. And for 2packs of ketchup and put 1 pack in burger.. Dip burger in other pack.

Your life will for ever be changed. Most will dismiss this as "I'm a man I love all that crap on by burger!", well, I do too, but just try this once.

It WILL NOT WORK ON A SINGLE OR DOUBLE, ONLY A TRIPPLE, MUST BE PLAIN AND DRY WITH CHEESE. YOU MUST ALSO FOLLOW KETCHUP INSTRUCTIONS.

YOUR WELCOME.
    i used to wannabe

I've been to Whataburger.......totally underwhelmed.
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.
    "If I had a grandpa, he would look like Delbert Belton".

I started a burger joint thread in the RR so we can argue about the best burgers around.

https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....590#post433590
    Last edited by Lon; 04-15-2016 at 10:26 PM.
    Formerly known as xpd54.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by nyeti View Post
    Thankfully, In N Out is also in Texas now and I don't have to go to a dirty Texas stop sign. You sound like Dobbs with the Whataburger thing. Luckily, Dobbs got schooled in Las Vegas about why In N Out is so wonderous. Now, there are some great food places in Texas, but Whataburger does not hold a candle to In N Out.
    Whataburger's spicy ketchup is the bomb.

About a year ago one of our patrol deputies found a 4" S&W M28 in a dope house. No hit on the serial number, but there was a Texas DPS issue number on the frame. I figured it was a long shot, but I called Austin. The guy who answered was ecstatic. Seems he'd been trying to help out a retired Trooper whose old duty gun had been stolen. The Trooper had been battling cancer and when it went into remission he and his wife went on a cruise. Unfortunately their daughter had a drug problem and let her boyfriend clean out the gunsafe while Mom & Dad were out of town. DPS's computerized records wouldn't let them pull up the serial by the Trooper's name, but when they ran the inventory number it was his. Issued to him in the academy, way back in 1969.

I called the Trooper to give him the good news. He was happy, to a point. "I'm glad y'all got it. I sure wish you'd found my old Smith 9mm (a M59). I shot the old boy that was carrying it and they let me keep it. Used that .357 in that gunfight."

Later on I found out the rest of the story. The Trooper made a traffic stop one night. The driver had murder on his mind, but his willingness to kill far outpaced his competence. When the Trooper walked up to the window the crook pointed the M59 at him and started yanking the trigger, but he neglected to release the safety. The Trooper put 6 rounds into him.

Quote Originally Posted by nyeti View Post
    I've been to Whataburger.......totally underwhelmed.
    You must try my trick. I HATED that place till I found out how to order.
    i used to wannabe

User Tag List