Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

Thread: House remodel - opinions and experiences

Two minor things. (1) If you put laminate upstairs, be sure to soundproof it. (2) Many times, firemen work skilled construction trades on their days off for reasonable prices.

Quote Originally Posted by Duces Tecum View Post
    Two minor things. (1) If you put laminate upstairs, be sure to soundproof it. (2) Many times, firemen work skilled construction trades on their days off for reasonable prices.
    We played down floor muffler padding. I stomped around for a bit while my wife was downstairs, couldn't head a thing.
    VDMSR.com
    Chief Developer for V Development Group
    Everything I post I do so as a private individual who is not representing any company or organization.

Quote Originally Posted by voodoo_man View Post
    Re; window curtains - anyone have a modern solution for this?
    "Yes, dear, that looks just fine."
    (Unless it's so hideous you puke thinking about it...)

Was there a specific issue, or are you just trying to get in touch with your inner interior decorator? NTTAWWT
    Recovering Gun Store Commando. My Blog: The Clue Meter
    “It doesn’t matter what the problem is, the solution is always for us to give the government more money and power, while we eat less meat.”
    Glenn Reynolds

Quote Originally Posted by Drang View Post
    "Yes, dear, that looks just fine."
    (Unless it's so hideous you puke thinking about it...)

Was there a specific issue, or are you just trying to get in touch with your inner interior decorator? NTTAWWT
    Just trying to get a head of whatever my wife is going to do
    VDMSR.com
    Everything I post I do so as a private individual who is not representing any company or organization.

Site Supporter
    Did you ever get the piper wrap heater? I asked my plumber about it for my house but he advised against it citing a fire risk

Quote Originally Posted by Poconnor View Post
    Did you ever get the piper wrap heater? I asked my plumber about it for my house but he advised against it citing a fire risk
    No. I am still looking at it though.
    VDMSR.com

Plantation shutters. When properly done they feel like fortifications. Most durable and easiest to open and close.
    Ignore Alien Orders

Floors done. Look good.

Kitchen is done mostly. Looks good.

One thing...the range hood duct is visible and I need to find a solution. I'm thinking a valance and some crown molding but am open to ideas....if people have any...

Also still trying to figure out basement solution. I don't want to do a drop ceiling but might have to...any opinions?

Also have ability to make a secure safe area, hidden type of thing. Anyone have experience with this?
    VDMSR.com

Moved.

Was a shit show, thankfully my buddies didn't mind too much.

Still setting stuff up and my wife left a few projects not finished on purpose.

One thing that started creeping up which we didn't notice was the water doesn't get really hot in either shower. I turned up the temp on the water heater to 120, it was at 100. I don't know what else to do either that open the walls and put an inline heater. Suggestions?
    VDMSR.com

Quote Originally Posted by voodoo_man View Post
    Moved.

Was a shit show, thankfully my buddies didn't mind too much.

Still setting stuff up and my wife left a few projects not finished on purpose.

One thing that started creeping up which we didn't notice was the water doesn't get really hot in either shower. I turned up the temp on the water heater to 120, it was at 100. I don't know what else to do either that open the walls and put an inline heater. Suggestions?
    I always crank my water heater up all of the way, seems worth trying for you but Tom's suggestion is probably The Answer.
    #RESIST

User Tag List