Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 5.56mm ammunition selection outside USA

Quote Originally Posted by TiroFijo View Post
    You are overthinking it. Buy lots of a good M193, stock it deep and in several places, since a AWB usually is followed by ammo restrictions too. Be sure to not create more problems for yourself tan what you think you are preventing.

In any case, if you foresee a "break down of society" scenario nothing is a good a Passport, visa and plane ticket at the right time.
    Buy it cheap and stack it deep.

I also grew up in the early 1980's with an issued M-16A1 and M-193 ball ammunition, expecting to go toe to toe with the Soviets.

While there is better ammunition out there, I'd rather have a few cases of M193 55 gr FMJ set aside then a few 20 Rd boxes of more modern design ammunition.

Thank you for your help, gentlemen.

The idea of just getting more of the same stuff I'd spend most of my time shooting was my first, and it does have a lot of appeal. On the other hand... https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....mance-Thoughts

Quote Originally Posted by Tony1911 View Post
    Thank you for your help, gentlemen.

The idea of just getting more of the same stuff I'd spend most of my time shooting was my first, and it does have a lot of appeal. On the other hand... https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....mance-Thoughts
    Also from DocGKR:

Most folks would be far better off practicing with what they have, rather than worrying about what is "best". As long as you know your what your weapon and ammo can realistically accomplish, it is all just a matter of training and shot placement. I would much rather go into battle with a guy who practices 15,000 rounds a year using generic 55 gr FMJ out of his old M16A1 than with some guy that has the latest state-of-the-art ammo and rifle, but only shoots 500 rounds a year.

User Tag List