Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Estrela Alternative

The issue with both of my Nightreaper lights is that the button would not work at times. I really wanted a new one but they apparently don't make them anymore. It would be neat if they could license the design to SF and let them run with it. I miss the switching of the Nightreaper and the tactile feel of the button.

I suspect the issue is with poor QC and materials. The Nightreaper was definitely a Chinese light when compared to the fit/finish of SF.
    Last edited by secondstoryguy; 04-16-2016 at 06:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by dove View Post
    I missed the fact there's a tailswitch. Interesting.

vdm, how are you carrying it on your belt?
    I use Safariland:

http://www.safariland.com/flashlight...9.html#start=1
    "It's surprising how often you start wondering just how featureless a desert some people's inner landscapes must be."
    -Maple Syrup Actual

Quote Originally Posted by secondstoryguy View Post
    I really wanted a new one but they apparently don't make them anymore.
    The Estrela? Can you elaborate on that?

Maybe I mispoke and am in error but I was informed that they don't have any more and Mr.Good made no mention of having any more in stock. Nightreaper has also been out of stock for more than six months to a year. They have a link to one retailer who sells the light in Poway,CA and are selling them at a discounted price and don't know if they are in stock.

When I sent my lights in for repair they reportedly sent the lights back to Estrella for repair/warranty work but that apparently didn't pan out. Based on all of this I'm assuming they have none left and no parts available. Mr.Good also made no mention of another run of lights in any of our correspondence.

It's a damn shame to because the Nightreaper is just about the perfect patrol light as far as features go. The Gladius was a solid light and I had one for years, it's a shame they can't duplicate it on the Nightreapers scale.
    Last edited by secondstoryguy; 04-17-2016 at 11:13 AM.

Poway has been really good. They tried to get in touch with Nightreaper a few times and failed. But, they're going to swap it out for me, despite the fact that it's been quite awhile since the actual purchase, and they'll try to eventually sort out the warranty issue themselves.

We'll see how round two goes.

After a bit more shipping drama....I have my replacement! After carefully verifying to make sure the serial number was new, I function checked it, and it appears to work. We'll see how it goes from here.

The taco pouch seems like it smothers light NDs pretty well, but I'm sure I'll notice if I'm having the issue if I pull my light out and find it dead

Poway is good people. I would buy from them again.

User Tag List