Page 3 of 30 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Delta Point Pro battery life sucks

Wonder if Tom Jones can design a grip plug that holds a battery, and puts that cavity on the Glock to good use.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Wonder if Tom Jones can design a grip plug that holds a battery, and puts that cavity on the Glock to good use.
    Beat me to the punch.

I'm envisioning a modified FAST that involves a battery reload on the MRDS.

Quote Originally Posted by SLG View Post
    Who cares about advances in MRDS? By then you will just pop new eyes in. :-)
    Faster, please!
    Recovering Gun Store Commando. My Blog: The Clue Meter
    “It doesn’t matter what the problem is, the solution is always for us to give the government more money and power, while we eat less meat.”
    Glenn Reynolds

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_White View Post
    Yes, and on this, so am I. I'll probably start thinking about MRDS when my eyes have a hard time with irons. By then the technology should be a lot better too.
    And that's my problem. HDs have added a little life to my 60 yr old eyes, but technology needs to get moving a bit more quickly.

I'm sure I've said this before, but just to counter my particularly grumpy attitude as of late, I really like MRDS on pistols, and recognize the advantages they offer. Unlike many, I can shoot them every bit as fast as irons, under all conditions. I have no reason to not like them. What I don't like, is the current state of the MRDS. I don't consider them to be ready for duty carry, and likely won't be for a while. I have seen too many fail, and heard from too many friends about them failing. None have passed any legit testing, afaik.

A few guys and i were discussing this the other day. You would know most or all of them. All were BTDT guys, several of whom are or were national champs as well. All agreed that the MRDS detracts from the mission of the pistol in that the pistol is like a reserve chute. It really has to work when you need it, and compromising that to any degree at all, for gains that mostly don't matter in real fights, is not the correct way to look at things.

Nonetheless, I have several guns in my house that have various optics on them, and I do enjoy shooting them. I just won't carry one.

Quote Originally Posted by DocGKR View Post
    Meanwhile the RMR's are having near Aimpoint battery life--an RMR02 here went 4 years before it started to dim. We now have several RMR06's over 3 years without a battery change...
    I guess I am the unluckiest guy around then. I'll be calling Trijicon Monday - 2 RMR06's from 2 different vendors, one a 3.25moa and the other a 1moa are flickering and turning on/off under recoil. The one on the handgun doesn't reciprocate (6 Second Mount) and the other is on an AR. I stuffed a small amount of tape under the one on the pistol which has seemingly fixed it but for what they cost that's unacceptable. Between this and the MRO issues I think Trijicon should market their hobby grade red dots just to the airsofters.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Yes, so any motion turns it back on.
    Guess you'll need to hold perfectly still when carrying it.
    Last edited by El Cid; 04-09-2016 at 10:39 AM.

Bad luck indeed. I've been around several dozen of the newer RMR06's that have exhibited minimal problems, including a fair number approaching the 10,000 rd mark. The few that had issues were returned to Trijicon, who promptly repaired/replaced them.
    Facts matter...Feelings Can Lie

Quote Originally Posted by DocGKR View Post
    Bad luck indeed. I've been around several dozen of the newer RMR06's that have exhibited minimal problems, including a fair number approaching the 10,000 rd mark. The few that had issues were returned to Trijicon, who promptly repaired/replaced them.
    From what I've seen, which is all anecdotal at best, the RMR's seem to be the most durable option out there. I really want to like the DP Pro, but 6 days is pretty lame. My old DP's are still going strong, but they are on range guns, not guns that get carried.

A Slight Lane Veer as ........

I've asked this on PF before, w/ no responses. Would anyone care to speculate on when AP intro's their new MRD for pistols, the NRA confab perhaps?

Asking as I've heard it's existence confirmed to my ears by a man named Wilson, Hackathorn & an AP rep but nothing more so ......

I am really hoping there is an option from Aimpoint soon.

Next week, I will be comparing shoot-ability between the DP Pro and RM06.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

User Tag List