Page 27 of 30 FirstFirst ... 172526272829 ... LastLast

Thread: Delta Point Pro battery life sucks

Quote Originally Posted by Blades View Post
    I replaced my DPP battery on Tuesday. It was installed in October. It was a Duracell, I replaced it with an Ikea battery. I carry almost every day(some weekends I don't leave the house so I don't wear it). The DPP has "Motion Sensor Technology" which keeps my red dot on when I'm wearing it. It does turn off when sitting on my dresser(5 minutes of being still), but a slight bump turns it back on.
    Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    What are the last two letters of your Pro's serial number?
    AG
    In case it's helpful... I changed a batt on an -AG serial after 3 months, regular use dry/live.
    الدهون القاع الفتيات لك جعل العالم هزاز جولة الذهاب

AG
    Good, that is in the date range they changed the board and motion sensor design.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by md8232 View Post
    I bought a used Sig P320X5 and it came with a DPP. Upon opening the battery area, it has the older green insert.
    As I’m not the original owner what is the chance that Leupold will update this for me?
    I mailed the DPP back on May 5th, and it came back today June 8th.
    Leupold replaced the circuit board and cleaned the unit. I received the same
    unit that I mailed in. No battery tho. Fortunately I had 1 battery left.

I’d like to mount this to a PCC. Anyone have a recommendation for a mount?
    How can you govern a country which has two hundred and forty-six varieties of cheese?

Charles de Gaulle

I mailed the DPP back on May 5th, and it came back today June 8th.
    Leupold replaced the circuit board and cleaned the unit. I received the same
    unit that I mailed in. No battery tho. Fortunately I had 1 battery left.

I just found the battery hidden away in the bubble wrap, so I’m a big fat liar!
    How can you govern a country which has two hundred and forty-six varieties of cheese?

Charles de Gaulle

I looked into this a while back...not a lot of options...I chose the basic Leupold mount (they also have a much pricier QD model). My plans changed before I ever installed it though so I can't offer any further feedback.

Site Supporter
    A new Ikea battery was installed this morning. The last one was from 05-01-2021, so only 5 months on the old Ikea battery. Only daily carry and dry fire in the last 5 months.
    --Jason--

Name:  F05839C1-3C20-4AFE-9459-85F8268A4127.jpg
Views: 373
Size:  20.8 KB

Got this on a used gun so wasn’t sure what to expect. Reading the last few pages it seems the green circuit board is older. What are the main issues with it?

Quote Originally Posted by JCS View Post
    Name:  F05839C1-3C20-4AFE-9459-85F8268A4127.jpg
Views: 373
Size:  20.8 KB

Got this on a used gun so wasn’t sure what to expect. Reading the last few pages it seems the green circuit board is older. What are the main issues with it?
    I am assuming it is an AE or AF serial number unit.

The issue is that with high intensity shooting, that small decal will lift up, allowing the battery contacts to slide, causing intermittent and then ultimately no red dot. You want the upgraded circuit board.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    I am assuming it is an AE or AF serial number unit.

The issue is that with high intensity shooting, that small decal will lift up, allowing the battery contacts to slide, causing intermittent and then ultimately no red dot. You want the upgraded circuit board.
    Thanks. I guess I’ll shoot it a lot and see what happens.

Quote Originally Posted by JCS View Post
    Thanks. I guess I’ll shoot it a lot and see what happens.
    You might consider popping the battery compartment after range sessions, to see how the decal looks and spot movement before it causes problems. Alternatively, send it back and let them update the board, since it is a known issue. I can't tell you how many people I have helped get through a match or training class by using my knife to slide the legs back up under the decal.

User Tag List