Page 2 of 30 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Delta Point Pro battery life sucks

I am holding out until RDS tech will have a built in termo-kinetic generator. Charge the battery from heat and slide movement, that's the way of 21st century. And holographic imaging without physical screens.

Bet H&K will develop that first.

I wonder when they will design sights that last almost forever, and need no maintenance. Oh wait... :-)

Am I a Luddite?

Quote Originally Posted by Crusader8207 View Post
    I have one of the older DPs on a Glock 19 and the same battery for well over a year and still going strong. I was milling around in the safe last night and looked at it and just looked to see if the dot was still illuminated and it was.
    I think it is a DP Pro issue, as Robbie Leatham told me his regular DP battery has gone multiple years. My two Pro's are better than a battery a week, and seem consistent with Leupold's six day estimate.
    Quote Originally Posted by DocGKR View Post
    Meanwhile the RMR's are having near Aimpoint battery life--an RMR02 here went 4 years before it started to dim. We now have several RMR06's over 3 years without a battery change...
    I have yet to change the battery in my original RM02.

Quote Originally Posted by SLG View Post
    I wonder when they will design sights that last almost forever, and need no maintenance. Oh wait... :-)

Am I a Luddite?
    The RDS is this year's essential, like a concealment magwell.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    The RDS is this year's essential, like a concealment magwell.
    Dude, you're so behind the style. All the cool kids are running MRDS, magwell, match barrel, and compensator minimum. I don't know how you expect to bullseye womp rats with anything less.

The RDS is this year's essential, like a concealment magwell.[/QUOTE]

NOW you tell me. Better go order 5 of them then. :-)

NOW you tell me. Better go order 5 of them then. :-)
    You mean concealment magwells, right?
    Last edited by GRV; 04-08-2016 at 07:49 PM.

5 concealment mag wells and 5 battery holders. Check.

In all seriousness, the battery life does not surprise me. The optic was created for a unit that will change the batteries every day when working. I'm sure no one cared what the CCW market thought about that.

I'm just waiting for the cheat code that allows my sights to go right for headshots, regardless of muzzle orientation.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    Last edited by BaiHu; 04-08-2016 at 09:27 PM.
    Fairness leads to extinction much faster than harsh parameters.

Am I a Luddite?
    Yes, and on this, so am I. I'll probably start thinking about MRDS when my eyes have a hard time with irons. By then the technology should be a lot better too.
    Technical excellence supports tactical preparedness
    Lord of the Food Court
    http://www.gabewhitetraining.com

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_White View Post
    Yes, and on this, so am I. I'll probably start thinking about MRDS when my eyes have a hard time with irons. By then the technology should be a lot better too.
    Who cares about advances in MRDS? By then you will just pop new eyes in. :-)

User Tag List