Page 13 of 30 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Thread: Delta Point Pro battery life sucks

Site Supporter
    I have a Vortex Venom, 6 MOA on my pistol. I shoot training/practice/schools and matches. Since last May (8 months), I have shot over 10,000 rounds on the same battery. I leave my dot on throughout the match or training day.

So now that I have publicly stated this, either my battery or Venom will fail this Sunday in the middle of the match.

I have two VP9 pistols set up with a direct milled Delta Point Pro, and have been worried I need a third. My wife has three Glock 34 pistols, two direct milled and one MOS,with a Pro.

Earlier this week my number two VP9 DP Pro pistol went off once when shooting, and the dot seemed to flicker a bit in intensity, which is a warning sign. I shot that pistol two days and the dot hung in there, but I planned to use my number one VP9 at the match today. This morning, dry firing before the match, my wife reported the dot went out on her Gen 5 34, even though it got a new Duracell 2032 yesterday. We went back and forth, and she decided to try it at the match today, as she wanted to shoot a Gen 5. It would turn off on its own between each stage, but by powering it up again at the beginning of each stage, she got thru, although we are pulling it later today. Using my number one “good Pro” VP9, halfway through the second stage my dot failed, giving me the chance to shoot the stage without a dot, and besides a bunch of C’s I was able to finish, including on a bunch of US poppers, by just relying on index. Here is what it looks like shooting half a stage without a dot.

Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Given the absence of a better alternative optic today, I am considering a new Delta Point Pro strategy, as suggested by my friend, Talionis. The plan is to keep a match gun with a new Pro on it, and every 3,000 rounds, I will pull that Pro off my wife’s and my match gun, and rotate it through the practice guns. We will zero the new Pro, and shoot 100 rounds to make sure it is working, and then reserve it for just match use. Hopefully this will improve our odds of not getting a Pro failure in a match.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Given the absence of a better alternative optic today, I am considering a new Delta Point Pro strategy, as suggested by my friend, Talionis. The plan is to keep a match gun with a new Pro on it, and every 3,000 rounds, I will pull that Pro off my wife’s and my match gun, and rotate it through the practice guns. We will zero the new Pro, and shoot 100 rounds to make sure it is working, and then reserve it for just match use. Hopefully this will improve our odds of not getting a Pro failure in a match.
    Thats just sucks to have to go through all that. Hopefully in the near future the reliability will get better.

Quote Originally Posted by Dismas316 View Post
    Thats just sucks to have to go through all that. Hopefully in the near future the reliability will get better.
    He does not, in fact, have to.

Suffering can be redemptive. George is making bank.
    Ignore Alien Orders

One of the signs of impending failure of the Pro, is when the dot starts turning off on its own, which leads to constant looking down during a match.

Name:  C0357499-F96C-4580-BB73-370160B7C3C1.jpg
Views: 748
Size:  56.6 KB

I broke another Delta Point Pro today, the one on my second direct milled VP9. Think this is 15. The two went on a pair of VP9 pistols late November, so about three months each to TU.

I broke another Delta Point Pro today, the one on my second direct milled VP9. Think this is 15. The two went on a pair of VP9 pistols late November, so about three months each to TU.
    Your experience suggests to me that all of the jokes about Carry Optics being "welfare Open" are in fact ironically backwards, and Open is in fact cheaper in the long run due to the fact that the non-reciprocating optics don't get chewed up and spit out every few months.

Quote Originally Posted by olstyn View Post
    Your experience suggests to me that all of the jokes about Carry Optics being "welfare Open" are in fact ironically backwards, and Open is in fact cheaper in the long run due to the fact that the non-reciprocating optics don't get chewed up and spit out every few months.
    Yes, but the timmie creds you maintain from shooting a carry gun are priceless.

Had a major fright removing the bad Pro tonight, when one screw got stripped. Didn’t have time for professional help as my wife and I are at a JJ class this weekend. Got the drill out, used progressively larger bits, until I could jam a T20 bit in and free the screw. I call this a major division win.

Site Supporter
    GJM is now a Triple Ace in DP "kills"! He's going to paint the victory symbols on his vehicle's fenders!
    Regional Government Sales Manager for Aimpoint, Inc. USA
    Co-owner Hardwired Tactical Shooting (HiTS)

User Tag List