Page 10 of 30 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Thread: Delta Point Pro battery life sucks

So, I bought a Leupold LCO for my wife's Ruger PCC. BIG window, sealed emitter, standard Picatinny rail mount. There's a lot to like. I got to thinking that I could easily mount the LCO on a Smith and Wesson revolver and try it out for Steel Challenge. So, I call Leupold.
    "Can I use an LCO with a center fire rifle like a 308 or a 12 gauge shotgun?"
    "Sure, no problem."
    "Can I use an LCO with a 9mm revolver?"
    "No, it's never been tested by Leupold."
    "But I easily shoot a revolver with one hand; I'd never think of doing that with a rifle or a shotgun."
    "You don't understand. It's the gravities with a handgun. Totally different. You should stick with a Delta Point. It been designed to withstand the rigors of use with a handgun."

(So, about now, I thinking this customer service rep has never gotten a call from GJM.)

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Duffy View Post
    So, I bought a Leupold LCO for my wife's Ruger PCC. BIG window, sealed emitter, standard Picatinny rail mount. There's a lot to like. I got to thinking that I could easily mount the LCO on a Smith and Wesson revolver and try it out for Steel Challenge. So, I call Leupold.
    "Can I use an LCO with a center fire rifle like a 308 or a 12 gauge shotgun?"
    "Sure, no problem."
    "Can I use an LCO with a 9mm revolver?"
    "No, it's never been tested by Leupold."
    "But I easily shoot a revolver with one hand; I'd never think of doing that with a rifle or a shotgun."
    "You don't understand. It's the gravities with a handgun. Totally different. You should stick with a Delta Point. It been designed to withstand the rigors of use with a handgun."

(So, about now, I thinking this customer service rep has never gotten a call from GJM.)
    On the bright side, the LCO is a fantastic PCC optic.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by YVK View Post
    Welcome to the club. Mine just got back from its second, in 4 months, repair for the same problem; Leupold turned it around in one day. First time it was two weeks. Be careful taking it off, screws are easy to strip.

If you going to stick with the DPP after they fix yours, get a second and also ask them to send extra screws.
    I have a second but it’s on my Ruger 22/45.

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    I have a second but it’s on my Ruger 22/45.
    As long as you aren’t shooting Stingers, it should be OK.

Today, on the sixth stage of a USPSA match, I drew my 19 MOS upper/G45 lower to make ready and the dot didn’t appear. I shook it a few times, and it came alive. Since I replaced the battery last night with a fresh Duracell, I suspected something with the motion sensor. Unfortunately 2/3 of the way through the stage, the dot disappeared. After a few moments of disbelief, I continued the rest of the stage without a dot, and actually shot a bunch of A’s including steel and a clamshell. Maybe a dot is overrated.

Further examination shows the optic is TU. So after a summer of no DP Pro problems in direct milled installations, this dot on a MOS slide has broken after three weeks.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    As long as you aren’t shooting Stingers, it should be OK.
    We shoot Aguila “Super Extra” down here in TX. 😎

Today, on the sixth stage of a USPSA match, I drew my 19 MOS upper/G45 lower to make ready and the dot didn’t appear. I shook it a few times, and it came alive. Since I replaced the battery last night with a fresh Duracell, I suspected something with the motion sensor. Unfortunately 2/3 of the way through the stage, the dot disappeared. After a few moments of disbelief, I continued the rest of the stage without a dot, and actually shot a bunch of A’s including steel and a clamshell. Maybe a dot is overrated.

Further examination shows the optic is TU. So after a summer of no DP Pro problems in direct milled installations, this dot on a MOS slide has broken after three weeks.
    Does anyone direct mill through the mos cut? I know the AOS can be done through the mos, but I would be interested to know if anyone would be able to direct mill for the rmr through the mos cut. I suspect no.
    Last edited by Rc217; 11-04-2018 at 07:44 AM.

Who has experience with the AOS installation?

Yesterday, my friend who shoots CO just broke his eighth DP Pro this year. The unit would not wake up when drawing from the holster, during his practice session. He shoots a lot, as in just breaking 80,000 rounds of CO this year, so overall that is about 10,000 rounds between failures.

He also just had a detonation in a 320 X5, where the pistol fired slightly out of battery, his second instance this has happened. Blew the ejector out, hurt his hands, but no other damage. That pistol will head back to Sig.

...where the pistol fired slightly out of battery, his second instance this has happened.
    WTF, that’s crazy. One out of battery detonation would be a serious concern, let alone two. Is he still shooting the sig - I would have dropped that thing like a hot potato by now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User Tag List