Page 25 of 30 FirstFirst ... 152324252627 ... LastLast

Thread: Delta Point Pro battery life sucks

Quote Originally Posted by Archer1440 View Post
    Interesting, considering that a number of high profile RDS instructors are generally moving to smaller MOA solutions over time.

No doubt that a bigger dot has popularity in competition conditions, but I personally find that 1-3.5 MOA sights are better for all-round and carry use. My 6 MOA sights are sitting idle, these days.

Leupold does have a killer deal available to industry insiders and NRA instructors but, that button system is just a non starter for me, personally.
    Given that the larger dots are pretty much the school solution for competition, what is it about carry use that would make a smaller dot preferable?
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Given that the larger dots are pretty much the school solution for competition, what is it about carry use that would make a smaller dot preferable?
    I think this is worth its own thread, as it is an interesting topic, so I will start one.

In a nutshell- for target focused shooting, as the RDS demands when used properly, you can see more of the target, while gaining greater precision for longer shots (for example, 25 yards to the ocular zone on a Gunsite option target under time pressure).

I feel that once you have done the work to attain proficiency with the RDS, there are distinct advantages to the smaller dot, in my personal experience.

In addition, I have found that that the smaller dot encourages target focus more than a larger dot.

I think the XXXX is the best pistol and everyone should use it.

I think the Trijicon SRO is the best optic because it was most popular in the nationals.

I’m disappointed they didn’t ask about dot size because now I don’t know what is best for me.

... because we’re all the same right?

Hell.. Based on 2020 CO stats I need a Sig P320X5 or Shadow 2 with a Double Alpha belt (screw dept. regs) with an SRO (or Romeo3Max) and thankfully I squeaked by with 51% factory grips so at least that won’t violate policy, and I need to reload my ammo since that’s what 69% of people did in the nationals.

People are different. Needs are different. There is no “best” for everyone. Hell my “best” continues to change the more I learn and dot size is several rungs down on the priority list. My dot size best may change in a couple weeks after a trip to the eye doctor and some contacts.

We can say our preference and why which is valid data to consider. No one can tell anyone what to use without a good amount of pertinent contextual info.

Is it safe to assume that the new 6moa sight has the new board?

Quote Originally Posted by Quantrill View Post
    Is it safe to assume that the new 6moa sight has the new board?
    Yes

Yes
    Appreciate it. Gonna pull the trigger

@GJM do you have pics you can share of your Glock DPP setup? Does the optic sit higher than its competitors?

Any recommendations on plates for a MOS setup?
    Last edited by Savage Hands; 02-12-2021 at 08:33 AM.

Apologies for the bad pic. Midway delivered! This is the tactical tan DPP I received today. Name:  A009B399-D608-44A4-854C-B5CB90ACA3BB.jpeg
Views: 535
Size:  53.2 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Quantrill View Post
    Apologies for the bad pic. Midway delivered! This is the tactical tan DPP I received today. Name:  A009B399-D608-44A4-854C-B5CB90ACA3BB.jpeg
Views: 535
Size:  53.2 KB
    That is the new circuit board. You can see the little trenches the feet sit in, so the decal is secondary not primary for holding everything in place.

User Tag List