Page 30 of 30 FirstFirst ... 20282930

Thread: Delta Point Pro battery life sucks

Quote Originally Posted by JSGlock34 View Post
    Sigh - Leupold is quoting me a 5 week repair time.

Guess the RMR goes back on the gun...
    For what it's worth, the DPP is already back with a new circuit board despite the quoted repair time. Will see how this one works and report back.
    "When the phone rang, Parker was in the garage, killing a man."

For what it's worth, the DPP is already back with a new circuit board despite the quoted repair time. Will see how this one works and report back.
    Any updates on your battery life? I’m considering one for my Staccato. I don’t mind a monthly battery replacement regimen if it’ll last that long.
    For he is the minister of God to thee for good. But if thou do that which is evil, be afraid; for he beareth not the sword in vain: for he is the minister of God, a revenger to execute wrath upon him that doeth evil. Romans 13:4 KJV

I didn’t notice any change after receiving the optic back. It was a battery vampire. Too bad because I really liked the DPP otherwise, and I’m still not happy with the interface plate for the RMR on my Staccato. Nevertheless the RMR is back on the gun.

Having observed and taken a 4 hour bloc of Scott Jedlinki's red dot pistol class at Tac Con this past weekend, despite the DPP's faults he considers it to be in the top tier RDOs for pistols. I still have one, unused that I will probably put on a G45 for no other reason than I have a G45 and I have a DPP.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian T View Post
    Having observed and taken a 4 hour bloc of Scott Jedlinki's red dot pistol class at Tac Con this past weekend, despite the DPP's faults he considers it to be in the top tier RDOs for pistols. I still have one, unused that I will probably put on a G45 for no other reason than I have a G45 and I have a DPP.
    Interesting Scott feels that way as I bought my 1st DPP last yr. & it replaced an SRO on my Stacatto P. That said the DPP footprint bolting directly on w/o requiring a plate was my tipping point.

Quote Originally Posted by OldRunner/CSAT Neighbor View Post
    Interesting Scott feels that way as I bought my 1st DPP last yr. & it replaced an SRO on my Stacatto P. That said the DPP footprint bolting directly on w/o requiring a plate was my tipping point.
    Considering my recent struggles with getting the Staccato slide plate to stay tightened, I can't disagree with the argument.

Considering my recent struggles with getting the Staccato slide plate to stay tightened, I can't disagree with the argument.
    Not sure if this (https://www.forwardcontrolsdesign.com/opf-s-rmr.html) would help with your plate struggles. It removes the rubber O-rings to supposedly keep things tight.

I wouldn't even be considering the DPP were the Staccato not milled for it. I was able to pick up one of the new rear sights for the DPP that threads onto the rear of the slide, so I'm hoping the direct milling plus the 3rd point of contact from the rear sight keeps things nice and tight.
    For he is the minister of God to thee for good. But if thou do that which is evil, be afraid; for he beareth not the sword in vain: for he is the minister of God, a revenger to execute wrath upon him that doeth evil. Romans 13:4 KJV

I was having problems with the RDO plate on my STI Tactical. I have an SRO using the RMR plate. Every time, after shooting a hundred or so rounds, the plate would come loose. I resorted to using red locktite and it STILL came loose!

Someone on this forum suggested bedding the plate with a product called E6000 and that fixed the problem. It’s an industrial grade rubber cement. This got me to thinking about using VibraTite as a bedding compound, but I haven’t had the need to test it out yet.

Does anyone have experience with the DPP NV model? Wondering if perhaps the NV models display any battery life improvements, however marginal.

Does anyone have experience with the DPP NV model? Wondering if perhaps the NV models display any battery life improvements, however marginal.
    I’ve been using one on a sometimes carry gun, used it in two Rogers classes, preemptively changed the battery after the first class. It’s been pretty drama free, maybe they have it figured out? Only issue was facing the low morning sun, got multiple dots. Leopold never has the DPP in stock.

User Tag List