Page 11 of 30 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: Delta Point Pro battery life sucks

Shield just released pics of the rms-w, their waterproof version of the rms. It also has a hardened coated lense and reinforced frame according to the post. I think I'll give one a shot when i play the rds game this year.

Name:  Screenshot_20181201-092402_Instagram.jpg
Views: 910
Size:  35.3 KB
    "...we suffer more in imagination than in reality." Seneca, probably.

They announced this sight at last year's Shot. I emailed them mid year about release dates, they didn't reply. Let's be optimistic and hope that this thing shows up in a reasonable time frame.
    Doesn't read posts longer than two paragraphs.

Available for pre order now, though i don't see a planned shipping date.
    "...we suffer more in imagination than in reality." Seneca, probably.

Today, during a string at a steel match, the direct milled DP Pro on my wife’s G4 34 blinked out, despite a fresh battery from last night. Later, we went back to the range, and it hard failed. Less than 2,000 rounds since new, all on a direct milled slide, and my first DP Pro failure on a direct millled installation.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Today, during a string at a steel match, the direct milled DP Pro on my wife’s G4 34 blinked out, despite a fresh battery from last night. Later, we went back to the range, and it hard failed. Less than 2,000 rounds since new, all on a direct milled slide, and my first DP Pro failure on a direct millled installation.
    At what point does the cost-benefit balance stop making sense?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Any legal information I may post is general information, and is not legal advice. Such information may or may not apply to your specific situation. I am not your attorney unless an attorney-client relationship is separately and privately established.

Quote Originally Posted by BillSWPA View Post

There is no obvious alternative yet that works better than the DP Pro for our use. Leupold is good about fixing them, so it is more aggravating than costly. I am looking forward to better optics though!

Friend of mine, serious CO shooter, is prepared with spares.

Name:  6771FF4D-3C6D-4C7F-9CDC-32EE302BDB0C.jpg
Views: 537
Size:  40.5 KB

Name:  9E35F396-A131-45CB-996A-65DEA99458B1.jpg
Views: 487
Size:  19.2 KB

How are the Romeo1‘s holding up in competition?

I don’t hear much about them either way.
    David S.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Friend of mine, serious CO shooter, is prepared with spares.

Name:  6771FF4D-3C6D-4C7F-9CDC-32EE302BDB0C.jpg
Views: 537
Size:  40.5 KB

Name:  9E35F396-A131-45CB-996A-65DEA99458B1.jpg
Views: 487
Size:  19.2 KB
    Which is great as long as one has time to sight in between one going down and the next time the pistol with the optic is needed.

Any legal information I may post is general information, and is not legal advice. Such information may or may not apply to your specific situation. I am not your attorney unless an attorney-client relationship is separately and privately established.

That's a question to Leupold since they are paying for shipping both ways and repairs, and everyone I know has the same experience as GJM. They're pretty good at it though, my last turnaround was one day, excluding shipping.

Which is great as long as one has time to sight in between one going down and the next time the pistol with the optic is needed.

Most gamers who use this optic have a second gun or at least a second slide with a sighted optic. Most you can lose is one stage. Also, most gamers who use this optic know better to not use it for anything other than games.

Quote Originally Posted by David S. View Post
    How are the Romeo1‘s holding up in competition?

I don’t hear much about them either way.
    Not a whole lot of info. Early ones had complaints about them, so much so GJM's favorite optic machine shop is refusing to mill slides for this optic. Some strong SIG shooters I know chose DPP anyway. Even when Romeos ran, a lot of folks felt that the dot was too dim. Now they have this new Romeo 1 6 MOA, apparently it is so bright that it might be too bright. I am thinking of getting one.
    Doesn't read posts longer than two paragraphs.

User Tag List