Page 9 of 30 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Thread: Delta Point Pro battery life sucks

I wonder if I broke same DPP nine times, would it count the same as GJM breaking nine DPPs one time each?

My DPP went down again, 3 months after coming back from Leupold. Turned itself off in recoil multiple times, and also did this funny thing changing the dot brightness one click with each shot. Started a bill drill on dim and by shot #3 was full brightness. Probably 1200 rounds at most after it was repaired.
    Doesn't read posts longer than two paragraphs.

Quote Originally Posted by YVK View Post
    I wonder if I broke same DPP nine times, would it count the same as GJM breaking nine DPPs one time each?

My DPP went down again, 3 months after coming back from Leupold. Turned itself off in recoil multiple times, and also did this funny thing changing the dot brightness one click with each shot. Started a bill drill on dim and by shot #3 was full brightness. Probably 1200 rounds at most after it was repaired.
    If you had a 140mm mag in, your brightness would have come back by shot 15 or so! Welcome to the red dot world, where four red dots is two, and two is almost none.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    If you had a 140mm mag in, your brightness would have come back by shot 15 or so! Welcome to the red dot world, where four red dots is two, and two is almost none.
    +1. This has been my experience with Trijicon RMR's (type 1 and type 2; direct mount and MOS) and Leupold Deltapoint Pros (MOS only, I haven't direct mounted one). If it isn't dot flicker, it's battery life; if it isn't loss of zero, it's inconsistent adjustments. It's an evolving technology and I'm looking forward to Aimpoint's offering. Perhaps it will be the first of the truly mature micro RDS.

I have probably mentioned it before, but the only problem I have had with my DPP is it shutting off at rest and having to turn it back on manually. As long as I check it during make ready, I am fine.

Quote Originally Posted by MVS View Post
    I have probably mentioned it before, but the only problem I have had with my DPP is it shutting off at rest and having to turn it back on manually. As long as I check it during make ready, I am fine.
    Obviously, while this is a workable solution for gaming, it isn’t acceptable for a carry gun.

YVK told me of a discussion yesterday with some CO guys at a match, and their collective DP Pro reliability experience was on par with what I have experienced.

Indeed. After the events that I mentioned above in post #81 I decided to check with my local USPSA crowd during the Saturday match. Every single person has experienced a DPP go down, one man (or he and his brother, they both shoot CO) had three units go back to Leupold twice each for a total count of six returns, although he said that one of his units had now survived 10K rounds. After a fourth person confirmed the same experience as previous three, I stopped asking. Three of those guys are very active M class shooters, the fourth is a very good A class, so these guys do put a decent amount of rounds through their gear.

Since these DPPs need to be dismounted pretty regularly to go back to factory, I wish someone came up with a quick detach mount for these sights so it would be easier to put them on and take off.

Kind of good news, a buddy just told me his Pro just broke, but at 22,000 rounds, which is a longevity record for him.

Site Supporter
    Ok, so it finally happened. My DPP Pro, mounted on a G17.4 MOS has started to occasionally get a “disappearing dot.”

Mounting seems secure. During longer or quicker strings of fire the dot will disappear for a moment then re-appear.

It started right before the last battery change but it has continued.

Is this common ?

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    Ok, so it finally happened. My DPP Pro, mounted on a G17.4 MOS has started to occasionally get a “disappearing dot.”

Mounting seems secure. During longer or quicker strings of fire the dot will disappear for a moment then re-appear.

Is this common ?
    The most common issue, before the Pro needs a trip home to Leupold for repair. While complete failure is black and white, an intermittent dot is still worthless to me.

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post

Is this common ?
    Welcome to the club. Mine just got back from its second, in 4 months, repair for the same problem; Leupold turned it around in one day. First time it was two weeks. Be careful taking it off, screws are easy to strip.

If you going to stick with the DPP after they fix yours, get a second and also ask them to send extra screws.

User Tag List