Page 14 of 30 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast

Thread: Delta Point Pro battery life sucks

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by olstyn View Post
    Your experience suggests to me that all of the jokes about Carry Optics being "welfare Open" are in fact ironically backwards, and Open is in fact cheaper in the long run due to the fact that the non-reciprocating optics don't get chewed up and spit out every few months.
    I remember when Open class was eating up optics

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    I broke another Delta Point Pro today, the one on my second direct milled VP9. Think this is 15. The two went on a pair of VP9 pistols late November, so about three months each to TU.

GJM hypothetical type question: does having a DP pro go down in the middle of a match hurt your scores more then the hit on performance from a more robust optic like a rmr and(maybe a ACRO down the road)?

Quote Originally Posted by EVP View Post
    GJM hypothetical type question: does having a DP pro go down in the middle of a match hurt your scores more then the hit on performance from a more robust optic like a rmr and(maybe a ACRO down the road)?
    If you look at the statistics from the CO Nationals, where a whopping five percent of competitors used an RMR, I think the answer is no on an RMR for use in competition.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

If you look at the statistics from the CO Nationals, where a whopping five percent of competitors used an RMR, I think the answer is no on an RMR for use in competition.
    While those statistics are revealing in showing the vast preference of the Dp pro more favord then the RMR at the CO nationals level, I was more interested with your experience running the DP pro and if your scores would be effected by going with a more robust optic.

Quote Originally Posted by EVP View Post
    While those statistics are revealing in showing the vast preference of the Dp pro more favord then the RMR at the CO nationals level, I was more interested with your experience running the DP pro and if your scores would be effected by going with a more robust optic.
    If you are asking me why I shoot a Pro and not an RMR in competition, the reason is I would rather take the chance of hurting one stage every few months, than take the penalty every stage with the reduced shootability of the RMR. Going to a dedicated match pistol and a new DP Pro every 3,000 rounds, I am optimistic I will not have match problems, but I am really hoping the Acro is the solution. I was just shooting the Pro in the rain, and got a split dot that caused me to shoot the wrong red dot and shank a shot six inches right from ten yards.

I carry a RMR right now when I EDC a red dot, so I get their reliability and good battery life.

Match day is already stressful the majority of the time for me because I am usually the MD/RO/SO, sanitation engineer and head babysitter.
    The last thing I want to stress over is whether my gun and gear will work for the 30 seconds of blissful shooting time I get per hour.
    "For a moment he felt good about this. A moment or two later he felt bad about feeling good about it. Then he felt good about feeling bad about feeling good about it and, satisfied, drove on into the night."
    -- Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy --

Quote Originally Posted by JodyH View Post
    Match day is already stressful the majority of the time for me because I am usually the MD/RO/SO, sanitation engineer and head babysitter.
    The last thing I want to stress over is whether my gun and gear will work for the 30 seconds of blissful shooting time I get per hour.
    My wife and I have divided up the work. She worries about keeping the dog comfortable, and having Cliff bars and full Yetis with drink. I worry about her and my guns.

My wife and I have divided up the work. She worries about keeping the dog comfortable, and having Cliff bars and full Yetis with drink. I worry about her and my guns.
    Unfortunately we divide up the work as well.
    I RO the squad and she scores (and yells at the slackers who aren't resetting and taping).
    In our "spare time" we actually shoot the stage.
    Aint nobody got time for tinkering with guns and gear.

I need to go shoot somewhere completely out of my sphere because even when I drive 150 miles away to El Paso someone recognizes me and I end up RO'ing at their match.
    It must be nice to sit in the shade, drink a cold beverage, pet a dog, gossip and occasionally wander out and tape a hole or two in between shooting.
    I hear Arizona is nice this time of year...
    "For a moment he felt good about this. A moment or two later he felt bad about feeling good about it. Then he felt good about feeling bad about feeling good about it and, satisfied, drove on into the night."
    -- Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy --

I need to go shoot somewhere completely out of my sphere because even when I drive 150 miles away to El Paso someone recognizes me and I end up RO'ing at their match.
    It must be nice to sit in the shade, drink a cold beverage, pet a dog, gossip and occasionally wander out and tape a hole or two in between shooting.
    Only people who get away with that are Open shooters.

Unfortunately we divide up the work as well.
    I RO the squad and she scores (and yells at the slackers who aren't resetting and taping).
    In our "spare time" we actually shoot the stage.
    Aint nobody got time for tinkering with guns and gear.

Sorry to burst your bubble. It’s the coldest February in record. The snow level is down to 3000 feet today. It was snowing in north Scottsdale, Carefree,and Cave Creek. It’s 37 degrees in the East Valley and its a 70-100% chance of rain until 0500. We’re five degrees away from snow here. I didn’t see the Superstitions all day due to cloud cover.

There was 31.5” of snow in Flagstaff today breaking a record from 1915 and it’s probably still snowing. Prescott has a foot of snow before 1300. There saying it’s severe winter weather in Northern Arizona. I heard it was blizzard conditions in some areas.

On a positive note my Delta is still working.
    Just a dog chauffeur that used to hold the dumb end of the leash.

User Tag List