Page 8 of 30 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Thread: Delta Point Pro battery life sucks

Quote Originally Posted by DocGKR View Post
    Deltapoint Pro battery life is measured in weeks when the optic is in daily use--there is no arguing that. RMR battery life is measured in dozens of months or years....
    This is consistent with my experience with RMR and DP Pro. Based on my new nine DP Pro examples, and the experience of friends, the sensor that sleeps the unit does not reliably wake it up on the draw after the unit is a year or so old. Might take vigorous shaking or turning the battery switch on to wake it up.
    Last edited by GJM; 03-11-2018 at 01:42 PM. Reason: Clarify
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Had to change another DP Pro battery this morning — am averaging two weeks or less on my 34 MOS pistols, even using Duracell batteries.
    This same DP Pro unit broke this afternoon. Dot went out in recoil. Sending back to Leupold.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    This same DP Pro unit broke this afternoon. Dot went out in recoil. Sending back to Leupold.
    Thanks for the update.

@GJM can you give us a tally.

Total number of DP Pros you've gone through.
    Numerical range of each problem type (dot going out, switching issues, etc).
    Total Trips to Leupold
    Guns they were on (34 MOS, but also PPQ, if I recall?)

You're really racking up the sample size here and it's making me nervous. I really prefer the DP Pro "Delta" reticle to everything else out there. The dual-illum RMR deltas suck by comparison. Unfortunately, no one else is offering a delta/chevron reticle.

ETA: See you've answered all my Qs in the topic in general discussion
    Last edited by RevolverRob; 03-12-2018 at 10:54 PM.

DP Pro update. In early May, Leupold sent me four new replacement optics, and elected to keep my four broken DP Pro units to evaluate.

I had the first of the four new DP Pro units direct milled onto a CZ P09 slide by Primary Machine. So far, it has run without issue. Best estimate is 3,000 rounds. I also had another P09 slide direct milled with a DP Pro from my existing stash, that I peeled off a Glock MOS. Only 300 or so rounds through that one, but so far so good.

Quick update. Since direct milling the DP Pro on multiple CZ P09 and now Glock pistols, I have yet to break a DP Pro since late April/early May, when Leupold sent me four new replacement units. A buddy has taken over for me though, and broken four or so this summer on Glock MOS and Sig 320 X5 pistols. He is now going to try a Romeo 3 optic. Some open shooting friends have replaced their current optics with the Holosun 510C, which has an enormous display, and so far has been holding up.

I put a new Energizer battery in my DP Pro on a G34 last Sunday morning for a match, shot every day this week, and the dot started dimming this afternoon at a match. Replaced it and dot back to normal intensity.

Still have yet to break a direct milled DP Pro, hope to not jinx myself today. Been shooting a Gen 3 and 4 direct milled 34 for the Pro by Primary Machine since late July.

At a five day competition class at TOC now, and this morning my battery was too dim to use for dry fire in the hotel room. I changed it eight days ago before a weekend of matches.

Forgot to specify — it was a Duracell battery.

Battery failed Sept 15, replaced with Duracell.

The replacement battery failed today, Sept 22. I am getting about a week when I am training hard.

That battery life is horrible. I’d go broke it I used it on a duty gun.
    Last edited by Vista461; 09-27-2018 at 10:29 PM.

User Tag List