Page 20 of 30 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast

Thread: Delta Point Pro battery life sucks

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    5,800 on the prototype, all still good.
    Has Leupold given you any indication of how many rounds they'd like to see go through it before they'll look at rolling the prototype changes into regular production?

Quote Originally Posted by olstyn View Post
    Has Leupold given you any indication of how many rounds they'd like to see go through it before they'll look at rolling the prototype changes into regular production?
    I think they are there now, and it is a matter of getting the changes implemented. The right people are working on this.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

I think they are there now, and it is a matter of getting the changes implemented. The right people are working on this.
    Top men?

Quote Originally Posted by feudist View Post
    Top men?
    TOP. Men...

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by feudist View Post
    Top men?
    Quote Originally Posted by psalms144.1 View Post
    TOP. Men...

5,800 on the prototype, all still good.

Unfortunately, I broke an unmodified one on a P10F. Think this is number 26.

Attachment 38494

After the practice, my wife found this on her number 3 G34 — in the process of failing.

Attachment 38495
    If you were to push on the + thing (negative battery terminal) could you move it around? Will it fall out if you flipped the deltapoint upside down? If it does move and can be removed from the unit, can you provide close up pictures of the ends of the +?

I'm a new owner of a deltapoint pro and haven't examined the internals yet, but in electronics manufacturing we test solder connections. I'm assuming the solder connections on the battery terminal are breaking, but not sure of how. It could be melting by heat, or fracturing through vibration (the slide moving back and forth). If fractured, it would remain loose. If by heat, it could seem to rotate or slightly move and then resolidify so it won't move when you push on it.

I have received a few questions about the DP Pro, and wanted to share some of what I have learned about how the optic works. First, the “+” that locates the battery is not soldered, it needs to float by design. What keeps it anchored is a clear decal that covers the + and keeps its feet contacting on the copper colored area.

Leupold also uses a date code as per of the serial number, with the last two letters indicating date of manufacture. I believe AF is 2018 manufacture, but need to confirm.

More later.

I have received a few questions about the DP Pro, and wanted to share some of what I have learned about how the optic works. First, the “+” that locates the battery is not soldered, it needs to float by design. What keeps it anchored is a clear decal that covers the + and keeps its feet contacting on the copper colored area.

Leupold also uses a date code as per of the serial number, with the last two letters indicating date of manufacture. I believe AF is 2018 manufacture, but need to confirm.

More later.
    Has Leupold indicated when these changes are going to roll out? And how would we know whether our unit has the upgraded electronics? Lastly, owing to the thread title, have you noticed any improvement in battery life?

Quote Originally Posted by ssb View Post
    Has Leupold indicated when these changes are going to roll out? And how would we know whether our unit has the upgraded electronics? Lastly, owing to the thread title, have you noticed any improvement in battery life?
    TBD on changes. My job is the easy part — try to break them.

I have seen significant variability by unit in battery life — with the extremes of one day to well over a year.

Site Supporter

More later.
    The one I just sent back is an AB prefix.

User Tag List